What's new

Aftershave acquisition thread

so kinda decided to try a few more cheap ones :)

first thoughts I got the large of Pinaud Clubman (the main powdery scent one) as I love that the wife always compliments so that and Old Spice will always be a mainstay

I like spicy and some of the bay rum smells I have had and not sure about this one hahahahah it dries down nicer but not great in a few minutes but the initial hit is not my fav going to decant and see if that helps but also got to do some mixing (bootlegers) and who knows ?

the special reserve is not my thing at all hahaahahha
but kinda got it to try and do some mixing so for how cheap this is at $7.28 worth trying and knowing but doubt I will ever get it again for a stand alone so looking forward to trying to mix up the bootleggers and see
so tried to wash it off and WOW it has some staying power on the skin :) hahahahah

AHHHHH the floid :) hmmmmmm I wanted to try this and another going to give it some time to decide as it might grow on me ? did not fall in love with it first try and not a fan of menthol in some things I have tried BUT the nostalgia and such again cheap at $10 or whatever these run
the menthol is not to bad really I think its less than my Fine A splashes and this might make a good hot summer day splash or a mid day fun refresh so time will tell

IMG_6287.jpeg

Last edited:

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Here is a place where we can post our newest aftershave acquisitions. This can include AS, ASB, oils, or creams and can include new, NOS, or vintage products. Pictures are also welcomed!

I will lead off with my newest aftershave acquisition: Brickell Instant Relief Aftershave.

What is your newest aftershave acquisition?
View attachment 1095734

I haven't bought it yet, but I think this is the next aftershave balm I'm going to try:
Weleda_AS.jpg

I'm trying out a few 'organic' AS products that sound good.

Anybody else have experience with it or any impressions/comments?

Last edited:
One bottle each of Floris JF and Floris 89. Haven't seen JF AS for some time. Looking forward to it. Also a sample of colone, Floris Limes and Floris 007.

Maybe this is the wrong place for this post (since I technically have not bought any after shave here), but I was antiquing today and came across a few bottles, which I'll be using to decant some AS.

Left to right

Pinaud bottle. I'll need to cork this one, and I'm not sure what's going in this one yet.

Royall Bay Rhum. This will house Bootlegger's bay rum, once I get it clean. However, cleaning this one has me scratching my head. I normally use alcohol and course salt to clean the inside of bottles, but I don't want to demolish the bay leaf. I'm also thinking I might need to replace the cork, which means I'll have to figure a way to retain the little crown topper. I WOULD LOVE ANY INPUT OR ADVICE if anyone can share your thoughts.

Lucky Tiger (for scalp eczema and dandruff). I've never tried Lucky Tiger AS but now that I have this bottle, I sort of feel like I HAVE to buy some and decant it. I'll just need to improvise a seal for under the cap because the original cork is toast.

Pinaud Eau De Quinine. I want to decant Clubman into this, but I would need to remove the existing label. On a scale of 1 - 10, how sacrilegious would it be to remove this label and stick on a Clubman label from a plastic bottle?

1670129641489.png

I came across a 12.5oz glass Lilac Vegetal bottle on Facebook Marketplace for too cheap to ignore.

I sniffed it and was expecting the dead body/cat urine smell I’ve been lead to believe I’d smell, and I honestly only get a smell of flowers, and mustiness.

Haven’t splashed it on to see if I’m Chosen yet, but so far, I’m thinking it’s a no.

1676414938671.jpeg

Top Bottom