What's new

Aftershave 3017 Challenge

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230827_124753.jpg

Another 3017 this morning, only a 100ml bottle but I only have 4 aftershaves left now

After 155 shaves my bottle of Pitralon is empty. My plan is to move on to a bottle of Pinaird Clubman but after using a few 400ml bottles I decided to re-bottle it like this:

PXL_20230904_224916492.jpg

I can now use the atomizer and I like the look of a large glass bottle. I was unable to find a find an appropriate size funnel but I grabbed a 20cc syringe (remove the plunger/needle first) and it makes a pretty good funnel. :sneaky2:

Mike M

Tonight I finished my bottle of Nivea Sensitive Shave Balm, I know it's not a real aftershave, but I am only about half way through my bottle of Proraso Green so it will be at least a couple of months til I post my victory over it. Let's face it, we could do with more posts in this thread

Cool. I am working on breaking the space time continuum. I really like my floid bottles with the squeeze bulb so Sept 19, 2023 I poured (carefully) a bottle of Piniad Clubman into the bottle and have been enjoying it daily since then. So far the world has not come to an end (I think)

It is only 370ml so I expect it to go faster than the 400ml Floid (or the RR baby blue before that). With 2 data points 400ml lasts about 850-880 shaves. So PC should be gone in only 775-810 days. :clap: Maybe I should consider finding smaller bottles... so the traffic on this thread can pick up a bit...

Ruckin

I have been using a tube of TOBS Jermyn Street AS cream for the last year+ in cold weather and it is persistent. I keep thinking it’s done and then there’s more. I even have a tube of L’Occitane Eau de Cedrat ASB cued up in the med cabinet, but TOBS just thumbs its nose at me.

I have been using a tube of TOBS Jermyn Street AS cream for the last year+ in cold weather and it is persistent. I keep thinking it’s done and then there’s more. I even have a tube of L’Occitane Eau de Cedrat ASB cued up in the med cabinet, but TOBS just thumbs its nose at me.

Aaaaaaaand we’re done. The Jermyn Street AS cream is an excellent performer. Protective and absorbs quickly. Jermyn Street is the TOBS sensitive skin formula so the cream is unscented (unlike the shave soap which has an aquatic scent). No treats for the nose at the end of the shave. Nevertheless, it’s a reliable AS for cold, dry weather. Highly recommended!

Now using the L’Occitane ASB. See you in another year. :rolleyes1

Mike M

IMG_20240326_230324.jpg

And we're done with Proraso Green balm I will not be replacing it with another balm as I don't really find using a balm beneficial but I'll keep going with the Davidoff Cool Water, but there is a long way to go.

Finished a bottle of Yardley elegance a couple of days ago. Used exclusively from mid October last year, I got about 5 1/2 months from it. It does the job, is cheap and easily available. The scent is a bit cloying for me and it lingers which I don’t want from an aftershave. So won’t be replacing it.
IMG_4508.jpeg
IMG_4509.jpeg

Moving onto a product that I love, about 350ml of Floid. This should last a while.
IMG_4476.jpeg

I ran out of my Proraso Green aftershave lotion last week. It was the big 400ml bottle. Lasted 8+ years.
IMG_4120.jpeg

I re-purposed it with Bootlegger's Green Freeze (Skin Bracer and Osage Rub Mix).
It should last for years again.

IMG_4124.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yes sir. @OkieStubble turned me on to Bootlegger's Green Freeze. The design of the Proraso bottle regulates the perfect amount of Aftershave to come out so I'm not overdoing it.

Now you can take a blow dryer to that Proraso label and peel it off and then create a Bootlegger’s Green Freeze label? I have seen some pretty artistic originals over the years by members here. :)

Top Bottom