What's new

After shave treatment.

I'm 77, and I've had good experience with Thayers toner. To me, the cucumber version is especially nice, but that's a detail. I also like balms, my favorites being Pre de Provence (either scent) and Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort. As a senior, be careful with alcohol-based aftershaves. Alcohol can dry your skin. I use them but not very often.

I'm also 77. I finish every shave with Dickinson's Witch Hazel, letting it dry before, or in place of, aftershave. For aftershaves, I prefer those whose scent does not last long. Stronger scents give me a headache, and I feel like Pig Pen from the Peanuts cartoon with a cloud around my head. Captain's Choice Bay Rum, CO9T North, and sometimes Lime are my go-to. When I want a clove fix, I use Ogallala Bay Rum AS. All usually fade within an hour. Clove is a soothing scent I remember from my grandmother's home as a kid. She chain-smoked, rolling her own, while gumming Bazooka gun and clove sticks. I loved staying there, so clove is a comforting scent to me.

Top Bottom