What's new

Custom insole break in time?

After years of walking on concrete, carrying heavy pails of material, driving for extended periods of time and exercising, undefeated Father Time caught up with me. I started to have pain in my right foot. It felt like a hot pebble in the ball of my foot that would eventually go numb. I finally went to the podiatrist and was diagnosed with Morton’s neuroma. The treatment is cortisone injections and orthotic insoles. The recommended process is start wearing them an hour for the first day, 2 hours the second day and so on. Just curious if anyone has had something similar and how long it took for relief.

I can't remember, not more than 2 weeks on the outside. there was initial strain and fatigue but then I just... got used to them. mine weren't/aren't fully custom, just "the right ones".

I still use them in some footwear based on design, but having gotten into barefooters and zero drop (more important to and for me) and strengthening/stretching everything out... I rarely wear my orthotics unless the footwear has a heel/drop.

Top Bottom