What's new

How long would Aramis after shave last for?

I found an old bottle of Aramis Original which had been lost. It must be 15 years old.

I recall that when it was new, it was very pungent and would last for many hours. But I have lost a lot of my sense of smell and can't really detect it much. Nor can my partner. Has it faded away? I don;t want to use it and find I am stinking out the room for others!

Based on experience with similar aftershaves, how long in years would the fragrance of this Aramis remain? Just wondering.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I found an old bottle of Aramis Original which had been lost. It must be 15 years old.

I recall that when it was new, it was very pungent and would last for many hours. But I have lost a lot of my sense of smell and can't really detect it much. Nor can my partner. Has it faded away? I don;t want to use it and find I am stinking out the room for others!

Based on experience with similar aftershaves, how long in years would the fragrance of this Aramis remain? Just wondering.

I have a couple of bottles of vintage Aramis in my collection. It’s one of the great powerhouses I used in the early 80’s as a teenager.

While I bathed in it’s powerful scent back then, those vintage bottles of mine are stored in a cool dark place and they are every bit as strong today in their sillage.

Now that I’m an old man, I’ll still pull it out on a date night with the Mrs, but I use just a little bit now to get the desired effect. :)

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I guess any loss of strength in my own Aramis (also stored in a cool dark place) msut be due to my reduced sense of smell. I recall it certainly was powerful but also nice and very distinctive.

I guess we're both talking about the same after-shave. Aramis by Aramis - https://basenotes.com/fragrances/aramis-by-aramis.26120123
It may be an age thing, or an after effect of covid. My wife and I are both in our 50s, have both had covid, and very few scents seem to us like they used to. They all seem weak when applied and to fade quickly. I have many vintage scents, including 80s powerhouse fragrances and while I enjoy them, few are as I remember, despite being vintage bottles. We often visit stores selling so called high end frangrances, Penhaligons, Creed, Tom Ford, Acqua Di Parma etc. and are equally unimpressed with the ones we have tried. The same is true of perfumes that my wife tries, Chanel no 5 is nothing like it once was. We decided a few years ago never again to waste our money on new fragrances. We now only purchase the occasional vintage bottle but our expectations are not high. As I say, I suspect the problem is with us as all scents seem to perform poorly, be they vintage bottles, new bottles of old scent reformulations, or brand new high end scents.

Is it USA Aramis? If yes, it'll be quite pungent. UK and Swiss stuff is not the same strength but still pretty strong. Dunno about longevity of those bottles. Bottles of Aramis AS original from the 70s still kick like a mule.

I have a bottle of Aramis A/S, must be fifteen years old. Strong and delightful as ever! One of the best.

It may be an age thing, or an after effect of covid. My wife and I are both in our 50s, have both had covid, and very few scents seem to us like they used to. They all seem weak when applied and to fade quickly. I have many vintage scents, including 80s powerhouse fragrances and while I enjoy them, few are as I remember, despite being vintage bottles. We often visit stores selling so called high end frangrances, Penhaligons, Creed, Tom Ford, Acqua Di Parma etc. and are equally unimpressed with the ones we have tried. The same is true of perfumes that my wife tries, Chanel no 5 is nothing like it once was. We decided a few years ago never again to waste our money on new fragrances. We now only purchase the occasional vintage bottle but our expectations are not high. As I say, I suspect the problem is with us as all scents seem to perform poorly, be they vintage bottles, new bottles of old scent reformulations, or brand new high end scents.
After I had COVID, a could not smell or taste for six months and even then my smell and taste are not the same years later.

Top Bottom