What's new

Afta Aftershave By Mennen

I just used the Afta after today's shave. It seems OK but, more like a Balm than an aftershave. Anyone use the Afta daily.? Thanks!

Daily? No. But I do use it. I love it. It's cheap, smells good, and works great. It's my go-to cheap balm.

I'm not really a balm guy, I have oily skin so balms make my face feel kind of sticky and greasy. I do use Afta Fresh from time to time in the winter months when my skin is drier. I love the scent and it is soothing. (And cheap!)

I have used the Afta Fresh in the blue label, and I thought it was pretty good. It always made my skin feel nice and smooth, and It is inexpensive. The scent is mild, but pleasant, and I may get a bottle again in the future. It's definitely better than the mediocre AV balm that they sell now.

Decades ago I used Afta and it was my preferred aftershave. Then they changed the formula and I have not much cared for it since. Nivia is my go to balm today when I feel the need for a balm. I would be happy with it for daily use.

The Afta aftershave balm really works at clearing up neck irritation for me if I should get any. I put about a pea size on my wet hands & rub it on my face. Since Afta is very thick, this works really well & not overly greasy.

Decades ago I used Afta and it was my preferred aftershave. Then they changed the formula and I have not much cared for it since. Nivia is my go to balm today when I feel the need for a balm. I would be happy with it for daily use.
I've wondered myself if they mucked with the formula. I used the green bottle a lot in the mid 80s and when I got a bottle last winter I really thought the scent was changed significantly.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Winter IS balm weather and this vulgar, cheap, Walmart balm ... Smells great and does a great job!

Oh, well. Speick's reign couldn't last forever ... And the Nivea is boring.

AA

I love it as my balm after my shave! I don't have any issues since I started using it!

I got 3 more bottles cause the store had it on sale for $1.18 each.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I love it as my balm after my shave! I don't have any issues since I started using it!

I got 3 more bottles cause the store had it on sale for $1.18 each.

I don't know why I bought it, months ago ... and finally reached for it yesterday ... but glad I did. Winter just dries your face out. Nivea works, but I always feel like it's just watered-down hand lotion. And the Speick I save for the aftermath of a really bad shave- it's medicine, a cure for careless razor usage.

AA

I used it for a time some years ago. Good, but not great, product IMO. I would definitely put it is the 'balm' category.

I recently repurchased it. Definitely a fan.
It seems to go well with Williams for me...they have that low-end effectiveness!

Top Bottom