What's new

Acquisitions Monday October 16th - Sunday October 22nd

joel said:
Bob,
Sigs just seem to have a way of finding their way home with me. Some like 1911's, some like wheel guns...... Sig's are my poison. I don't like to say "acquire" when I talk about sigs.... more like "adopt." :biggrin:

How about you let me "adopt" that beauty, and you can "adopt" a nearly unused tub of Taylor's cream from my collection? :wink:
Don't know abot the pen though... Can it write in space?
Sorry just goofing here.

I think I have developed some form of AD...
My most recent acquisitions:

Merkur HD
Merkur 23
200 Derby blades
Scotto's cream samples
T&H Trafalgar cream
TOBS Mr Taylor cream and a/s balm
C&E Sandalwood soap
MP classic Silvertip
MP best badger travelbrush
TOBS Sandalwood shower gel
CF The preshave
Höganäs Shaving Mug and Bowl

It could have been much much worse:redface:
Oh almost forgot... I bought a new Beamer. But I get more pleasure and satisfaction from handling my Merkur HD :biggrin:

Wolverine said:
How about you let me "adopt" that beauty, and you can "adopt" a nearly unused tub of Taylor's cream from my collection? :wink:

Deal.... BUT one caveat.... I'll give you the bullets first :a33:

:jump:

Samples from Scotto on the way:
Knize Ten
Musgo Real AS
Speick AS

Java from Dinder's Ristretto Roasters
Ethopian Harrar :o16:

Kent Soap:

proxy.php

joel said:
Bob,
Sigs just seem to have a way of finding their way home with me. Some like 1911's, some like wheel guns...... Sig's are my poison. I don't like to say "acquire" when I talk about sigs.... more like "adopt." :biggrin:
I kind of thought you were a glock guy...don't you have a 17L or 34? Not that you can't have multiple toys...variety is the spice of life...

boboakalfb said:
I kind of thought you were a glock guy...don't you have a 17L or 34? Not that you can't have multiple toys...variety is the spice of life...

Oh - I've got some glocks, Springfields, HK's (even a little P7M8), Rugers, and my beloved sig-sauers. While I do enjoy Glocks, as they are a fine weapon - they do not hold a candle to my Sigs as far as accuracy/durability/reliability is concerened. Glocks are ONE of the most reliable handguns out there... but my experience has show that the sigs are THE most reliable. Not only are they reliable - but unlike the Glock - which has "combat" accuracy (read: medeocre at best - even in their practical/tactical models which I own as well) sig's have match grade accuracy, and I find my sigs to shoot better out of the box than semi-custom 1911's - for example Kimbers.

joel said:
Bob,

Sig P229 in .40S&W here. Safe and accurate. I want something in .45.

My favorite pistol is my Browning Hi-Power. Fits my hand, accurate, but not neccessarily the safest to have around for home defense. Someday, it will make a trip to Wayne Novak.

The closest gun I've handled to being an extension of my arm/hand was a CZ75 Bouska. Awful black painted finish, but incredibly accurate for an inexpensive, off the shelf gun. Felt just right. I wish I had bought one back in the mid-80's.

Wow. This is getting OT. I detect a new thread about to be born.

Edit: Done. New firearms thread over at the Babershop.

Arrived today:

-1 Palmolive Classic shave stick
-1 Erasmic shave stick
-1 tube of Ingram shaving cream

Thanks Iwan, for helping...:smile: :smile:

Thomas

3 B & B decants:

Czech & Speake No.88 10ml
T & H Spanish Leather 10ml
Floris Santal Extreme 20ml

Many thanks to Rik for sending these out to us :thumbup:

A shipment from Charles arrived.

I decided that my brush collection was simply incomplete without a Savile Row silvertip. Looking over the models, I decided on getting the long-handled 3226. I have included some photos to offer a sense of scale: the 3226 is a very big brush! :drool:

The first shot has the 3226 (pre-bloom: I haven't used it yet) next to a Simpson's Chubby 2 and an Omega Green&Gold. The second shot shows the 3226 with the C&E EJ Super (silvertip) and a Kent BK12. See what I mean? :wink:

Cheers,

Dinder1 said:
Nice choice Danny, she is a beauty. I really love brushes with a long handle.

Thanks DJ! The handle feels really great. I can't wait to mix-up a batch of superlather with this brush! In fact, I am torn whether I should do just that tomorrow or use the new QED Espresso soap stick (Charles was out of Mocha Java). Hmmm...decisions, decisions...:rolleyes:

Cheers,

mrs. chefchris said:
Exquisite looking brush, Danny! :w00t:

Thanks JoAnna! I plan on taking another photo tomorrow after I use it to show the post-bloom appearance of the brush.

I hope all is well in your driveway tonight. :frown:

Cheers,

Got my eBay Fat Boy today. Had a little cleaning up to do, but it came out nice. The picture doesn't really do it justice.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
dszpiro said:
A shipment from Charles arrived.

I decided that my brush collection was simply incomplete without a Savile Row silvertip. Looking over the models, I decided on getting the long-handled 3226. I have included some photos to offer a sense of scale: the 3226 is a very big brush! :drool:

The first shot has the 3226 (pre-bloom: I haven't used it yet) next to a Simpson's Chubby 2 and an Omega Green&Gold. The second shot shows the 3226 with the C&E EJ Super (silvertip) and a Kent BK12. See what I mean? :wink:

Cheers,

Beautiful brush Danny. I was also debating wheter I should order one of those.

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Top Bottom