What's new

Acquisitions December 25 - December 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caron Pour Homme EdT

Dunhill Edition EdT

Just waiting for my delivery from Holland (De Vergulde Hand soap and Omega cream)

CO Bigelow shave cream
CO bigelow witch hazel skin tonic
CO bigelow bay rum cologne

100 Feather blades! (sharp as heck, just like I like em!)

proxy.php

Don't actually have my acquisitions in my hand yet... hope I am not violating any rules!

2 TIs: A 6/8 bone with worked back and a 5/8 snakewood. Photo credit goes to shave-and-razor-shop.com (where I bought them)

Joel, mind if I took you up on your offer to work your magic on one of them? I'd be grateful.

I'd be more than happy to.... but I forewarn you - recently I have purchased 3 TI's from them - and 2 of the 3 will have to go back.... really, I mean REALLY crap quality. I am surprised they don't check them out (especially when we are talking about a VERY expensive Damscus razor they sent me all bungled up) and that TI would let such a crap razor get out... shame on the both of 'em.

Both the ones I had to send back wouldn't be possible to sharpen - as one has a radically bent blade (it is downright silly) and the other only had 1/2 the damn razor ground/sharpened - so to establish the initial bevel would literally take some sort of powered equipment. :cursing:

Hi everybody!

I'm in England at the moment (near Newcastle) and just bought 5 packs of Tesco blades :biggrin: (first time for me), 1 pack of Boots blades and 1 tube of Ingram. What a beautiful country England is......

See ya
Raphael

Received two decants from Scotto: a Floris JF and a L'Occitane Vetyver.
My cologne stock is now starting to grow.

Hi,

This afternoon I found some erasmic shaving soap and stick in an English shop called Boyes:wink: . If somebody want some (one shaving soap and one stick available) please feel free to mail me. I also have some tesco blades available (3 packs)

A real dandy. The L'occitane hard soap in metal bowl. $21. I know, kind of expensive but this along with the refill cake I was already using out of a ramekin dish will keep me in L'occitane shave soap for YEARS the way I rotate it. With the ten dollar price I grabbed the refill cake for earlier this year, plus the sale price of the bowl gives me the products for $35. Mayhaps a bit more with tax. I'm set on this one. They also have the 4 Voleurs edt on sale for $28 but it's my least favourite one of their line so I passed. The wife got some of their canles in a tin for $4.75 each or 75% off. This was from L'occitane on the K.C. Plaza.

Regards, Todd

picked this up last night at 24-hour pharmacy on way home from a party. Thought there was menthol in there, but I'm afraid not. Still smells great, and was a nice refresher last night (early morning) after a night of libations :biggrin:

proxy.php

picked this up last night at 24-hour pharmacy on way home from a party. Thought there was menthol in there, but I'm afraid not. Still smells great, and was a nice refresher last night (early morning) after a night of libations :biggrin:

proxy.php

Arent we a sad bunch. Stopping in at 24 hours drug stores after parties to pick up shaving supplies!!:w00t:

Resistance is futile right:cool:

My stuff this week:
proxy.php

New lather bowl so my other one can return to the kitchen.
T&H Carlton Super badger brush from drugstore.com - first badger brush!
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
L'Occitane shave soap and bowl - my first shave soap!

The brush was smaller than I expected, especially when compared to my Proraso boar brush. May be a bit small for that big bowl but I'll make due :cool:

proxy.php

Can't wait to shave tonight..

I picked up a couple of samples of Amouage Gold, and Dio fragrances, but at $240.00 a bottle...I opted for the full sized Mugso Real after shave only.:eek:
DJ.

I received that same peppermill from my daughter who works at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Works GREAT!!

Got the same one last year from my wife. She had given me a crappy plastic one the year prior but the grinding mechanism on it crapped out and she replaced it with the this beautiful one.

Do you gents have any favorite peppercorns you use? I've been using regular black peppercorns from the grocery store and I throw in some coriander as well but I want to try some new stuff but not sure where or what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom