What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

Hey @Owen Bawn . You better stock up on some more Arko because you never know when the shavepocolypse will come. If you haven’t heard Mitchell wool fat is no longer has tallow as an ingredient.

I hope you were able to get a puck of the last remaining tallow MFW while you were across the pond.

Some think Arko will be the last non-artisan tallow shave soap very soon.

I recommend getting DR Harris shave soap if you are looking for something with tallow and triple milled.

You can read all the drama that this has caused at.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Hey @Owen Bawn . You better stock up on some more Arko because you never know when the shavepocolypse will come. If you haven’t heard Mitchell wool fat is no longer has tallow as an ingredient.

I hope you were able to get a puck of the last remaining tallow MFW while you were across the pond.

Some think Arko will be the last non-artisan tallow shave soap very soon.

I recommend getting DR Harris shave soap if you are looking for something with tallow and triple milled.

You can read all the drama that this has caused at.

Leave me alone.

Owen Bawn

Does slock think we've forgotten that he's the reason this thread was banished? He's either stupid or he's got a lot of sand the way he's flitting around here.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just unwrapped my first stick of Arko and it took me a minute to stop laughing. Its reputation seems pretty well deserved.
Translation: this gentleman knows "shaving soap so sublime" when he first smells it.

I could hear your "happy laugh" all the way over here in the Royal Courts of Arkoland!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Back in the 50's there was the Janitorial artisan movement in the arts. Arko stems from this.
I think Arko reached its artistic height in the sixties after Andy Warhol visited a public men's room
Polish_20230708_003516213.jpg

Found this thread randomly, but I had to comment on my Arko experience.

My wife is Indian, and when we visit her family outside Delhi, we stay at a club/resort that a family friend has a membership with. They really chose an inspired name, "City Club." Well it had this constant cleaner smell from housekeeping.

When we got back, shortly after I got my first Arko stick. I opened it and smelled it. I immediately went to my wife and said, "Remember staying in City Club?"

"Yeah."

"Smell this."

*Sniff*

"It smells just like it."

Lemon(grass) scenty cleaner smell. Not bad, but it is the smell of a cleaner.

Maybe I'm just weird. I do kind of like The Veg.

Owen Bawn

Found this thread randomly, but I had to comment on my Arko experience.

My wife is Indian, and when we visit her family outside Delhi, we stay at a club/resort that a family friend has a membership with. They really chose an inspired name, "City Club." Well it had this constant cleaner smell from housekeeping.

When we got back, shortly after I got my first Arko stick. I opened it and smelled it. I immediately went to my wife and said, "Remember staying in City Club?"

"Yeah."

"Smell this."

*Sniff*

"It smells just like it."

Lemon(grass) scenty cleaner smell. Not bad, but it is the smell of a cleaner.

Maybe I'm just weird. I do kind of like The Veg.
Speaking of India, I'd like to find a nice soap with the scent of goat vindaloo.

We've had a lot of problems lately with the deer in our area eating all of our shrubbery and other plantings.

But I finally found a solution! I took my last remaining stick of Arko!, chopped it up and scattered the pieces around the perimeter of our yard.

It worked like a charm!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
We've had a lot of problems lately with the deer in our area eating all of our shrubbery and other plantings.

But I finally found a solution! I took my last remaining stick of Arko!, chopped it up and scattered the pieces around the perimeter of our yard.

It worked like a charm!
Now you need to find a way to stop @FarmerTan eating the shrubbery

Top Bottom