What's new

A New World - A Hypothetical

I'm starting this in Clown House, as I figure it's most appropriate, serious as the subject matter is to me.

I want to walk through and discuss what it would take to reconfigure society as we know it into something just a bit more awesome.

I submit that, we as a species, right now have the technologies or the ability to create the technologies needed to engineer a sustainable society.

If you allow me, this is something that I would like to discuss. With real people. People who care about the state of the world.

It's a discussion I think needs to be had by everyone. That's just my opinion.

I have a hard time with the Status Quo, but I want to do more than just complain about it.

I feel that the World can be a better place.

If we do this though, may I request that we [as is the norm I've come to expect and appreciate with B&B] keep it civil.
If this conversation happens, it will, has to, touch on some very sensitive topics such as Religion, Politics etc.

Society can't happen without all aspects considered. I'm not requesting a theological or overly philosophical debate; religion and system of governance must be discussed. But not the nature/content/practices of Religion per se, except in those situations where practices need to be accounted for. Nor with Politics would I seek to commend or condemn any current parties of any of our respective Countries. It is possible that specific policies and the like could be mentioned but in a manner beneficial to this hypothetical.

I would examine what a fair baseline for living is i.e.:

-Residential Infrastructure
-Power Generation
-Water Purification
-Agriculture/Farming
-Transportation
-Healthcare
-Communications networks etc.

What is needed by a society. This is something we would define.

Things to consider/discuss:

-Manufacturing
-Goods and Services
-Freedom of Idea/Copyright laws
-Actual Resources versus economic forcasting

Is there an ABSOLUTE list of base laws that we can agree upon?

I have lots of ideas, training and experience that would apply to a conversation of this nature.

Would anyone care to hypothetically redesign society with me?

I have a vision of a fair society, in which the basic requirements of life are a given, the environment is not being destroyed, political country boundaries become maintained as a formal history lesson because we've reached a point of mutual understanding and co-operation.

I know it's a dream. But I say again: I personally believe that we currently have the technologies or the ability to create the required technologies to pull something like this off.

I couldn't hurt to explore the idea could it?

For your consideration,

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sorry, but I already live in a perfect world under the benevolent dictatorship of my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you allow me, this is something that I would like to discuss. With real people. People who care about the state of the world.

Well then, you sure came to the right place!

$One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoos-Nest.jpg

I've tried elsewhere, in real life and online.

I get the impression overall it's not something most folks really want to talk about.

But I'll hold out. If there's interest, it could be a very stimulating hypothetical.

I don't want to force it though.

So if it's something we wanna talk about... I'm very interested.

One relative experience of mine: I had the opportunity to stay for 6 months in a facility near the north pole. It was a pretty impressive place.
Power generation, water purification, habitation, heavy earth moving capability, waste management, heat reclamation etc.

Top Bottom