What's new

A Leap of Faith

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just finished butchering a nice doe my friend got Friday. Special weekend permit for homeowners hunting their own land I think. Probably ended up with 30 lbs of venison... young one, should be tender.

The deer in my neck of the woods is way over populated. I'm glad he offered it to us!

I just finished butchering a nice doe my friend got Friday. Special weekend permit for homeowners hunting their own land I think. Probably ended up with 30 lbs of venison... young one, should be tender.

The deer in my neck of the woods is way over populated. I'm glad he offered it to us!
Nice friend!! Enjoy that backstrap!

FarmerTan

Just had some hamburger. The key is rinsing it in water.

We always flavor any ground meat with various seasonings. That is where the taste comes from.

That and making sure you clean and rinse the meat well.

We froze the backstrap. I plan on kinda frying it up for myself, lol. Wait until my wife is gone somewhere so I can eat it all!

FarmerTan

Try it on a motorcycle. It's quite exhilarating.
I talked to a guy that hit a deer not a quarter of a mile from my house that thought he was about to buy the farm when a doe jumped out in front of him. Landed about 5 feet in front of his bike.

He said he just closed his eyes and "bump bump" it was over! He said he just ran it right over! Saw in his mirror it just gets up and run away!

I hope he prayed a prayer of thanksgiving right after.

FarmerTan

I had a deer hit my front wheel at 55mph. It fell and slide between the wheel and frame. I ran over it with the back wheel. I went into a high speed wobble, but regained control. The deer didn't make it.
I'd have to go home and change my drawers doggone.

And I'd probably not return for the carcass, lol. I'd have probably soiled it.

Top Bottom