What's new

Blackland Vector Lite

I think it’s just like shifting cultural tastes. Hard to pin down to any one thing.
I think that people who try the Vector and think it is aggressive probably have not tried an efficient razor (or at least one with as much blade feel) before and label it 'aggressive'. Then later when they actually do try a razor with a lot of blade feel and blade gap, then they label the Vector as being 'mild'.

I also purchased the lite plate. I must say that, although I already appreciated the Vector with the normal plate, with the lite version I consider it better and more balanced. With this base I can use all the blades in my possession without paying too much attention and i can shave in a more relaxed way.

Curious if any other Vector users have had bad results with Feather Pro-guard. I've got the regular SS Vector, and I tried the proguard blades which just massacred my neck in each of 3 attempts.

The Feather Professionals are much gentler and work better for me.
I only used these blades once and immediately put them aside. The sensation on the face was that the guard scratched a lot, unlike the Kai pro touch.

Agreed.

Can you compare the Lite to other comfortable AC razors, like the Mongoose, X1, La Faulx or something else?
I can compare it to the Colonial the General V2 (head only) that I owned and then traded for a Karve Overlander SS.
The lite version has a similar blade feel like the General (, but the latter is more efficient like the Vector with regular plate. I always talk about the SS machined version.A comparison between the lite and Vector in titanium would be interesting.

Last edited:
I tried the lite plate in the Vector today and loved it. An easier shave than the regular plate, and still close and smooth. Together with the legendary Vector maneuverability, the lite is a winner for me. I plan to use it for all my shaves for a while, both to continue testing it and because it is that good (for my face)

Today I used the Lite plate on a week old beard regrowth . I armed the razor with a kai original on its seventh use. In this case I felt the difference with the original plate much more. I must say that, for my type of beard, the lite is more suitable for regrowth of a maximum of 3-4 days. But I want to try it with Feather and Feather super blades.

These days I'm growing the beard and using it with feather blades to define the edges. It's remains precise and Smooth.....adorable head. Love it.

You guys are the worst influence.

I picked up a vector lite and tried it today first time with a 2nd use Kai captain. Definitely more blade feel than the yaqi Remus I had been using. But very smooth with zero irritation. Very nice razor.

I have just acquired the Lite. Love it. I was quite disappointed that I couldn’t get along with the vector. Just always felt rough on my skin after 2 years of trying, it had been relegated to the “pretty” but unusable razors in my collection. The lite has fixed this completely. Back in love with the vector again. My goto SE has been the Hawk standard plate. Now in terms of comfort they are on par. The Vector is that little bit more nimble. Thanks Shane 🙏🏽

I think my next purchase will be a pack of feather super blades. The last time I tried them on the General, I had gotten quite a few cuts and I've never tried them on the Vector. So I no longer used them and I gave some of them away and only one was left aside. Today I tried this last blade left on the lite plate for a beard of almost 10 days. Initially I started out very carefully because I was afraid after the last use of this blade. I was amazed because the Vector still remained very comfortable but with the efficiency of the original base plate.I did 3 passes and found it very smooth without any irritation or cuts. I think it was one of the best shaves I've ever gotten with any safety razor. Wow.

Hi all,
Please can I ask a question about the Vector light? I’ve not had much success with traditional DE razors that require a lot of technique. I am a clumsy fool. However, I’ve had a lot of success with automatic razors like the Henson and the winning v2 razors. The winning has been my favourite so far because the angle is set and I really can’t go wrong. My only dislike is the head is too big for under my nose

So my question is how would I get on with the vector? Is it an automatic type razor?

Thanks

Hi all,
Please can I ask a question about the Vector light? I’ve not had much success with traditional DE razors that require a lot of technique. I am a clumsy fool. However, I’ve had a lot of success with automatic razors like the Henson and the winning v2 razors. The winning has been my favourite so far because the angle is set and I really can’t go wrong. My only dislike is the head is too big for under my nose

So my question is how would I get on with the vector? Is it an automatic type razor?

Thanks
I find the Vector to be the most automatic razor I own. I have 2 Hensons as well - mild and aggressive. I enjoy both of them, but find AC razors even more forgiving of angle, especially the Vector. I don’t have the Lite plate, but I don’t think it would function much differently. Shane has a video on the Vector product page explaining how to use it, but in a nutshell you start by using the built-in angle guide on the top cap much as you would a Henson. That will be an efficient shallow shave. you can tilt the handle down to engage at whatever steeper angle you find works best.

That’s for responding rudygu. Sounds ideal. Now I need to do some man maths to see if I can justify the cost. The winning razor is awesome, it’s just the noise that causes me issues

Top Bottom