What's new

Blackland Vector Lite

426159806_878944044240209_6416568283412135630_n.jpg

"Launch Wednesday (February 7th at 12:00pm Pacific). Available in stainless steel as an assembled razor or individual base plate."

Wow, now that’s interesting. I actually speculated about this a couple weeks ago. I’m very excited to see it. The Vector is easily my favorite razor, but I only use it every 2-3 days, rotating in milder razors the rest of the time.

I've been rolling with a polished SS Vector (using an aftermarket artisan titanium handle) for 4 years now. If a polished SS LITE base plate is available, I'll be buying instantly. I really like the idea of a Vector I could more easily use daily.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I've been rolling with a polished SS Vector (using an aftermarket artisan titanium handle) for 4 years now. If a polished SS LITE base plate is available, I'll be buying instantly. I really like the idea of a Vector I could more easily use daily.
What particular handle are you using on yours?

No option to order just a base plate. Then again, it's only a couple minutes after Lite supposedly went live.

EDIT: nvm...I'm an idiot...wasn't looking in the correct place.

I always considered the Vector as a mild razor.

It's been really interesting how the Vector's reputation has changed over the years. I also don't consider it a particularly aggressive razor and it didn't have that reputation when it launched. But over the last 1-2 years, we've increasingly seen people consider it to be aggressive and request a milder version. So we decided to give it a try and see how it goes!

It's been really interesting how the Vector's reputation has changed over the years. I also don't consider it a particularly aggressive razor and it didn't have that reputation when it launched. But over the last 1-2 years, we've increasingly seen people consider it to be aggressive and request a milder version. So we decided to give it a try and see how it goes!

I've bought the original Vector and had to return it because it cut me every shave no matter what I tried. I was so in love with the build and nimble form factor that I gave it another try and bought it again, but had the same result so it went on BST.

The Lite looks like the razor for me and it's in my cart right now, I'm just waiting on one or two shaving impressions before I buy it. If it shaves like the ATT X1 Slant (r.i.p.) it may be perfect for me and the only issue would be whether to get it now or wait for titanium.

I've bought the original Vector and had to return it because it cut me every shave no matter what I tried. I was so in love with the build and nimble form factor that I gave it another try and bought it again, but had the same result so it went on BST.

The Lite looks like the razor for me and it's in my cart right now, I'm just waiting on one or two shaving impressions before I buy it. If it shaves like the ATT X1 Slant (r.i.p.) it may be perfect for me and the only issue would be whether to get it now or wait for titanium.
I like me Blabird titanium, but for me the vector would be too light in titanium.
The light plate will also be more forgiving, so I think the stainless will work well.
But that is just my preference.

Me too. My Vector is easily the most well behaved razor that I've used, though only for head shaves. It is an autopilot, no-brainer, sleepwalk of a shave. Not a hint of aggression, just superb efficiency.

I need to qualify the above by saying that I only shave my head every fourth day, have never used the Vector to shave my face, and have never shaved my head with a DE razor, so my experience is limited to that criteria.

Still, of the following SE razors that I have used for head shaves...

RR Hawk V3, RR Hawk V2, RR Eco, Shield Stomper, Shield Predator, Blackland Sabre, DSC Mars...

...the good OLD Vector is tops.

Yeah, like with any other razor, whenever I see one called "mild", I am curious about the owner's use case. Me? ~45 weeks out of the year, I shave 6 days a week. If I can't use a razor 6 straight days, it ain't mild, in my book. I'd also characterize Vector as "mild" if I only shave 3 or less times a week.

I can use my polished SS Vector on b2b days...third day, no joy. But, that's why I have the mild H&S Co. Z075-ti (DE) as my daily driver. Been rolling with just these two razors since late May 2021.

It’s not aggressive, but I wouldn’t call it mild either. The Hawk with standard plate is mild. It’s perfectly positioned with 1 plate, but I can see a use for the lite plate. Right now I’m using the standard Vector every 2-3 days and rotate milder razors in the rest of the time (daily shaver). For my uses the Vector with both plates could probably replace every razor I own when factoring in different AC blades.

I am curious to see how the lower blade exposure affects maneuverability. It seems to me that part of the magic of the Vector is the variability of shaving angle provided by that exposure.

It’s not aggressive, but I wouldn’t call it mild either. The Hawk with standard plate is mild. It’s perfectly positioned with 1 plate, but I can see a use for the lite plate. Right now I’m using the standard Vector every 2-3 days and rotate milder razors in the rest of the time (daily shaver). For my uses the Vector with both plates could probably replace every razor I own when factoring in different AC blades.

I am curious to see how the lower blade exposure affects maneuverability. It seems to me that part of the magic of the Vector is the variability of shaving angle provided by that exposure.
I would be interested in how the light plate works with a Feather pro super. They are a little wider then the regular pro blade. They are also too aggressive in the regular Vector.
My preferred blade is the Proline, but it's a little difficult to allign it properly.

Reactions: Kix

Me too. I’m hoping that it’s like the ATT X1, a good shave with a steep angle. The X1 was also pretty good against the grain.

Top Bottom