What's new

A journal of a Cajun's life wet shaving

My Studio is kinda the same. The 2000 is just smooth period. The Studio and my FC Ambition both write the same...there's a bit more "feel" to what the nib is doing...I am not concerned.
Good to know mine isn’t an outliner. Compared to any other pen it’s better. My two other LAMYs just set the mark so high this one was a tad bit of a disappointment. But it’s ok. The nib seems to be fine after examination under higher magnification.

Im 100% on board with the poor performance of the rapira platinum lux. Here's to better shaves around the corner!

All YMMV, of course but I have always had superb shaves with the Rapira Platinum Lux. :)

The Tech tamed the blade. Details to follow.

IMG_3114.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg

You’re welcome Don. Payback for those LAMYs that seems to end up at my house after seeing your’s. Haha.
Absolutely delighted that I could be of assistance. The only thing I wish is that the Lamy 2000 came in some colours other than black and silver. Which would be ok if I was a Raiders fan. Such a nice writing pen deserves a bit more colour don't you think? Oops, my bad...I forgot you don't have one...yet.

giphy-32.gif

Absolutely delighted that I could be of assistance. The only thing I wish is that the Lamy 2000 came in some colours other than black and silver. Which would be ok if I was a Raiders fan. Such a nice writing pen deserves a bit more colour don't you think? Oops, my bad...I forgot you don't have one...yet.

View attachment 1845335
A dark blue like the Studio. Now that would be classy.

I like the Rapira Platinum Lux, but I found that it is extremely sensitive to the razor. In some razors, it cuts uber smoothly without any insult. In others, the aftershave stings mightily to let me know my skin did not appreciate the assault.
I found it to be quite similar to the Wizamet, but to your point, a bit pickier. I ended up stocking up on Wizamet's (a lifetime supply for someone half my age), so I use the Rapira's just for a change of pace.

300+ Shaves in 2024 124 of 300+
May 2024 GRUME 12/31
Shave Date 5/13/2024
Razor:
1950's English Ball End Tech.
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (4)
Pre-Shave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave soap
Soap: Razor Emporium Heritage (3)
Brush: Omega 10049 Boar
Post-shave: Alum Bock, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Mother Bear Winter Balm, RE Heritage, Canoe Cologne Splash
Rating: 29/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(0), 9 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS on the face, and DFS+++ neck.

Notes:

The English Ball End Tech looked at the Rapira and said, " It 'tis not a problem, I shall handle the Rapira blade and put him in his place." And the jolly ole Tech came through once again, delivering a fine comfortable shave with the Rapira, I was even able to do a few touch-up passes with nary a bit of blood or irritation. What about the Sea Lions you ask? Well, let's just say their Monday wasn't a good one, they got ran plumb off the dock into the water, and you guessed it. The Dolphins are slashing the bay water in their faces, blad faces I might add, to add insult to injury. A durn fine shave for a Monday. I found the razors to tame the Rapira, the first blades to me that required a specific razor. I will try tomorrow's 5th and final shave with the Adjustable Slim at a lower setting, starting at 5, and bump down from there, as the lower settings on the Slim Adjustable felt like the Techs.

The attentive reader will notice a new soap this morning. I can 'splane. My son also wet shaves, with my Henson Mild and some PAA version of Aventus Creed. I looked in his bathroom to see how much of his soap was left, but I couldn't find the container. I asked him about it and he said he finished it off a few weeks ago. My boy 3017 something before I did. Since he needed a new soap and I saw a Spartan mask hanging up in his room, the obvious choice was to let him have the A&E Spartacus. I went with Razor Emporium Heritage as it is a barbershop-type scented soap and I have quite a few of those around. I won't replace it with another barbershop scent when it is done. I also have quite a few colognes that will work with barbershop scents, unlike being locked into the one Aventus Creed-type scent for the Spartacus soap. I'll have a bit more variety 3017ing a barbershop scent vs the Spartacus.

The ribs were tasty, but cooked to the fall off the bone level, which is past where I’d like to be. They ate just fine and the bacon-wrapped, boudin stuffed jalapeñows were a hit, as is almost anything bacon-wrapped. Not to mention the boudin.

No word from Mom on the poem yet, maybe her mail hasn't run yet. Work is getting more and more hectic. The previous owner wasn't one to ensure all the various I's were dotted and the T's were crossed. As we go along we are uncovering "challenges" to overcome. These "challenges" should have been addressed long ago, now we/I get to deal with the carnage. Someone else's carnage, somehow, despite selling my store long ago, I got pulled back into ownership headaches. But I am blessed. This too shall pass.

That is all for today, I wish all a blessed Monday, and may all your shaves be the best.

IMG_3120.jpeg

Last edited:
300+ Shaves in 2024 124 of 300+
May 2024 GRUME 12/31
Shave Date 5/13/2024
Razor:
1950's English Ball End Tech.
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (4)
Pre-Shave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave soap
Soap: Razor Emporium Heritage (3)
Brush: Omega 10049 Boar
Post-shave: Alum Bock, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Mother Bear Winter Balm, RE Heritage, Canoe Cologne Splash
Rating: 29/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(0), 9 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS on the face, and DFS+++ neck.

Notes:

The English Ball End Tech looked at the Rapira and said, " It 'tis not a problem, I shall handle the Rapira blade and put him in his place." And the jolly ole Tech came through once again, delivering a fine comfortable shave with the Rapira, I was even able to do a few touch-up passes with nary a bit of blood or irritation. What about the Sea Lions you ask? Well, let's just say their Monday wasn't a good one, they got ran plumb off the dock into the water, and you guessed it. The Dolphins are slashing the bay water in their faces, blad faces I might add, to add insult to injury. A durn fine shave for a Monday. I found the razors to tame the Rapira, the first blades to me that required a specific razor. I will try tomorrow's 5th and final shave with the Adjustable Slim at a lower setting, starting at 5, and bump down from there, as the lower settings on the Slim Adjustable felt like the Techs.

The attentive reader will notice a new soap this morning. I can 'splane. My son also wet shaves, with my Henson Mild and some PAA version of Aventus Creed. I looked in his bathroom to see how much of his soap was left, but I couldn't find the container. I asked him about it and he said he finished it off a few weeks ago. My boy 3017 something before I did. Since he needed a new soap and I saw a Spartan mask hanging up in his room, the obvious choice was to let him have the A&E Spartacus. I went with Razor Emporium Heritage as it is a barbershop-type scented soap and I have quite a few of those around. I won't replace it with another barbershop scent when it is done. I also have quite a few colognes that will work with barbershop scents, unlike being locked into the one Aventus Creed-type scent for the Spartacus soap. I'll have a bit more variety 3017ing a barbershop scent vs the Spartacus.

The ribs were tasty, but cooked to the fall off the bone level, which is past where I’d like to be. They ate just fine and the bacon-wrapped, boudin stuffed jalapeñows were a hit, as is almost anything bacon-wrapped. Not to mention the boudin.

No word from Mom on the poem yet, maybe her mail hasn't run yet. Work is getting more and more hectic. The previous owner wasn't one to ensure all the various I's were dotted and the T's were crossed. As we go along we are uncovering "challenges" to overcome. These "challenges" should have been addressed long ago, now we/I get to deal with the carnage. Someone else's carnage, somehow, despite selling my store long ago, I got pulled back into ownership headaches. But I am blessed. This too shall pass.

That is all for today, I wish all a blessed Monday, and may all your shaves be the best.

View attachment 1845704

Are we ever clear John?

Last edited:
Top Bottom