What's new

A Gift from a Friend

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I ate the whole spoon, it is really not that hot only 8/10. Fire Dragons Deadly is hotter.
A lot of Chilis listed but they don't say how much is in there.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I ate the whole spoon, it is really not that hot only 8/10. Fire Dragons Deadly is hotter.
A lot of Chilis listed but they don't say how much is in there.

Shoot...I just knew it was going to burn a hole in your cheek. That's Ok, it sounds like a good HS.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Shoot...I just knew it was going to burn a hole in your cheek. That's Ok, it sounds like a good HS.

I made are some simple crispy beef tacos tonight. I put a little Chupacabra HS on them and thought my world was tumbling down into a dark tunnel of coal fire. Hot, hot, hot....oh yeah baby.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
There's no way I could eat a spoonful of the Chupacabra HS...without plenty of alcohol first...or novacane.
Are you up for a bottle?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I had more than just a teaspoon. A bit with some sausages and I'm down to the eyebrows.
I don't mid them hot but only if they bring something else to the table not just heat. What do you think of it?

$20141219_184031.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It looks like a Crystal Skull from Indian Jones...but it's full of HS. After your finished with the HS you could fill it up with Guinness for a black skull.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I think the skull would look cool All Black :biggrin1:

There was also a couple of small samples in the box. Strawberry Chili Peanut Brittle and a Vanilla maple peanut brittle.
I tried the strawberry today, nice with a slow building heat. Will save the Vanilla maple for tomorrow.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Cool- I have more feedback about the hot sauce. I gave some to my supervisor, and he devoured it. He said he had to, because the first few seconds he was like "oh, that's tasty and kind of sweet" followed by "god, that's hot". There was a couple second delay between reactions, but if he kept shoveling more in it was okay. He told me to tell him the next time I make some, and he will toss me some cash to cover ingredients. I may be making up a large batch real soon.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Cool- I have more feedback about the hot sauce. I gave some to my supervisor, and he devoured it. He said he had to, because the first few seconds he was like "oh, that's tasty and kind of sweet" followed by "god, that's hot". There was a couple second delay between reactions, but if he kept shoveling more in it was okay. He told me to tell him the next time I make some, and he will toss me some cash to cover ingredients. I may be making up a large batch real soon.

Oh know...now you've become the official hot sauce go to guy. They will use you and abuse you. Course the cash for the ingredients is a plus.

I bet it made you feel good that someone liked your stuff. :thumbup:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I bet it made you feel good that someone liked your stuff. :thumbup:

Yes, it really did. The wife usually says she likes the stuff I make, but you know wives sometimes spare our feelings. When people tell you to let them know the next time you make it, though, is validation. Oh, one thing I forgot to say upthread is that I also added the zest from the limes. I think I will post my updates in the thread from tinashubby that inspired me to do this.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yes, it really did. The wife usually says she likes the stuff I make, but you know wives sometimes spare our feelings. When people tell you to let them know the next time you make it, though, is validation. Oh, one thing I forgot to say upthread is that I also added the zest from the limes. I think I will post my updates in the thread from tinashubby that inspired me to do this.

Post your recipe updates over in the "Hot Sauce Junkie" thread...and continue from there.

Lime zest huh? You are sneaky.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Post your recipe updates over in the "Hot Sauce Junkie" thread...and continue from there.

Lime zest huh? You are sneaky.
Yeah, I figured the zest could only help, I like lime. I will post it in your HSJ thread, too- just wanted to make sure that the post I used as a guideline got credit.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Chris,
I finally got to the Rata Honey you sent me. This honey is really great. I like it better than the Manuka. We put it on some home made biscuits with butter. Delicious :thumbup1: Thanks for the gift.

$41gdOaH+gTL.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Glad to hear you like the Rata honey. It is not strong flavoured like the Manuka honey but still has a bit going on.
I have been having some Rata honey on hot crossed buns with butter. I know it's no Easter yet but they have been avalible in the shops since Christmas and they taste so good.

Top Bottom