What's new

A Gift from a Friend

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Good, pick the guajillo and the ancho. I used about 7 or 8 guajillo and two anchos. I would think your pasilla chilies would work fine too.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Aaron, just curious out of the hot sauces I sent you, if you could buy them locally would you buy any of them again? If so which ones.
Oh how is the Manuka honey, is that some you and the wife like?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aaron, just curious out of the hot sauces I sent you, if you could buy them locally would you buy any of them again? If so which ones.
Oh how is the Manuka honey, is that some you and the wife like?

You bet I would buy them if offered here in Texas. I like all of them ... Smoky is probably my favorite with Waha Wera in a close 2nd.

The honey is good we are gradually working our way through the bottle. L. likes it in her tea. I used some with my Blow your Mind Chicken Wings recipe last week. My hot sauce collection is looking more like my soap and aftershave collections everyday. No sabbatical for me though.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I like the smoky the most myself and polished off my bottle in no time flat.
Don't mention sabbatical in the same sentence as hot sauce. Just apply the use more method!
I went crazy and ordered some hot sauce from three sites last night. :001_rolle

We have a few unique flavoured honeys here. Have you heard of Rata honey?
Then there is a Christmas honey Pohutukawa honey, yes that is right as Christmas honey. The Pohutukawa tree is also known as the Christmas tree as it flowers in December. http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/media/photo/pohutukawa-flowers

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I went crazy and ordered some hot sauce from three sites last night. :001_rolle

We have a few unique flavoured honeys here. Have you heard of Rata honey?
Then there is a Christmas honey Pohutukawa honey, yes that is right as Christmas honey. The Pohutukawa tree is also known as the Christmas tree as it flowers in December. http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/media/photo/pohutukawa-flowers

You will have to post a picture of all your HS choices.

Yes the honey in NZ is sweeter than our Texas honey. With it's own unique flavor for sure. Each has it's own merits. The Manuka is raw and the one I have in the pantry is pasteurized.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Some of the sauces may or may not be a gift, depending on QA inspections :whistling:
Manuka honey has a bold flavor, not all our honey is like that. I like it as a change of pace.
The amount of raw honey avalible seems to greater than pasteurized here.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
OK I can not hold back. The excitment is too much. I have some of this bad boy in the post.

$Chili.png

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
OK I can not hold back. The excitment is too much. I have some of this bad boy in the post.

Ooooh...you're going to burn your lips, tongue and bum.:tongue_sm:w00t::lol: Cool looking bottle. It looks large, like it could hold a years worth.

Where did you get it?

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know I have hijacked in this thread before, but a couple guys at work gave my hot sauce a big thumbs up.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Good stuff Owen. I would like to do the same one day but variety of frech chilis are are not avalible here. I'm have planted some but they are still very small, so are not sure if I will get much if any off them this Summer.
No you have not hijacked here at all, if anything you have added value to the thread. Jump in any time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good stuff Owen. I would like to do the same one day but variety of frech chilis are are not avalible here. I'm have planted some but they are still very small, so are not sure if I will get much if any off them this Summer.
No you have not hijacked here at all, if anything you have added value to the thread. Jump in any time.

Cool- I want to try my hand at growing my own peppers, too. I think I am going to pull it off this year, even if it is just in pots to start.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I don't see any hijacker. I grew some jalapeños in my garden more than 25 years ago. They came out great. They were smallish, but very tasty and not too hot. I would like to start a small raised garden this spring and include 3 or 4 different kinds of peppers. We'll see....

And I was poking fun at Chris by showing post #221.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't see any hijacker. I grew some jalapeños in my garden more than 25 years ago. They came out great. They were smallish, but very tasty and not too hot. I would like to start a small raised garden this spring and include 3 or 4 different kinds of peppers. We'll see....

And I was poking fun at Chris by showing post #221.

One great thing about this area is that we have a lot of great Mexican and Asian markets. Finding a good pepper isn't hard to do.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
This is a nice sauce. Sweet then heat.

They list the Chili in this sauce as:
Bubblegum's, Carolina Reapers, Brazilian Ghosts, Jays Ghost Scorpions, Morugas, Trindad Scorpions, Bhut Jolokias, 7 Pots, Primos's, Nagas,
Infinity's, Jigsaw's Madballz 7's, Devil's Tongue's and much MUCH more

$20141219_162157.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I don't think you ate that whole spoonful. If you did...you are crazy good and a outstanding member of the hot sauce pepper heads club. It should now be a part of your signature. Welcome to the club.

Last edited:
Top Bottom