What's new

A flavour for every month!! ... join the B&B theme-of-the-month club!

I don't have any rose anything except a sample of SCS Savory Rose aftershave milk. I didn't buy it, it was included as a throw-in from a B&B member when I bought a razor from him off the B/S/T.

The idea of using rose ANYTHING is very foreign to me. I always thought of it as a "grandmother" scent. Even my wife doesn't like rose-scented stuff because she thinks she's too YOUNG for it.

Having said that, I may be willing to give this aftershave a try, in the spirit of, you know, brotherhood and camaraderie, and all that.:blush:

I don't have any rose anything except a sample of SCS Savory Rose aftershave milk. I didn't buy it, it was included as a throw-in from a B&B member when I bought a razor from him off the B/S/T.

The idea of using rose ANYTHING is very foreign to me. I always thought of it as a "grandmother" scent. Even my wife doesn't like rose-scented stuff because she thinks she's too YOUNG for it.

Having said that, I may be willing to give this aftershave a try, in the spirit of, you know, brotherhood and camaraderie, and all that.:blush:

+1

Please - or in the spirit of the Rose month - Pretty please somebody tell me a nice rose scented soap whose scent is not over powering and doesn't linger? I got asthma and sometimes fragrances can really nail me.

Thank you very kindly.

:001_smile

-jim

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Oh, very nice, +1 :thumbup:

Perhaps before Speicktember comes Avocadgust? Thinking up new month names is all I've done in the shower the last few days (well, besides the obvious).

Speicktember is indeed slated for the early fall. Something for August is "in the works" ... we'll see how that pans out one way or the other. :sneaky2:

Oh no! I don't have any Trumpers Limes soap or Castle Forbes Lime cream. That may have to change. I also have no Musgo products. It may be time to try that AS. I haven't bought any new shaving products in a long time.

There's not much time left for everyone to enjoy Mandarin March (eShave soap).

Also, ProrAugust may help with the summer heat. Just a thought.

-Andy

Last edited:
Can anyone imagine what the online retailers will see at the beginning of each of the months. I wouldn't be surprised if one or a few of them would take advantage and offer some slight discount for the aforementioned products. Wouldn't that be something!

I'm in for April:

I ordered Geo F. Trumper's Rose Shaving Cream Tube, which should be here on the 2nd.

And I bought Dr Bronner's Rose Organic Bar soap (ALL-ONE!!!) which I grated into a suitable cup.

I am morally certain that these will be the only Rose type products I will be buying and using.

-jim

i can do april and july bc i have that stuff already...but atm i wont be able to buy new goods until mid april and thats when im making a drive to what im told is the best shave shop in virginia and im bringing my whole paycheck...and a voucher for my first born child.

actually i am going to pick up a fresh bottle or two of penhaligons since i lost one bottle when i moved last summer. Ah douro...rarely worn but equally loved.

Can anyone imagine what the online retailers will see at the beginning of each of the months. I wouldn't be surprised if one or a few of them would take advantage and offer some slight discount for the aforementioned products. Wouldn't that be something!

Probably screw up their inventory management: "Wow, a big run on Rose products!! Better stock up for May!"

DOH!!!

:)

-jim

I can see the retailers thinking around mid/April, "AH the Rose scented creams are selling well this month!" Ordering a whole shinbang of it in for stock to arrive in store for the 1st May........:mad3:

I've order my Musgo Real cream well in advance!:001_tongu

Edited: Should have read last post;doh!

Last edited:
Top Bottom