What's new

7 O'clock Sharp Edge

B

Barney14

I had tried these blades about 4 years ago in a few razors and thought they were terrible, like using a broken bottle I remember thinking.

Four years on I tried one today in a 7OC and it was brilliant, i put it down to better technique and preparation.

Will have to revisit some of the blades I disliked.

I had tried these blades about 4 years ago in a few razors and thought they were terrible, like using a broken bottle I remember thinking.

Four years on I tried one today in a 7OC and it was brilliant, i put it down to better technique and preparation.

Will have to revisit some of the blades I disliked.

These blades were signficantly changed a few years ago.

Gillette Yellows are a great blade. Even the new versions are quite nice.

My go-to blade are Astra Green and GSB. I find them all quite similar. I recently added Yellows to the mix.

I generally stick with one blade brand for months on end or until I get consistent bad shaves from them. Then I'll swap in the other brand and use it until the same. It's just mind games at this point.

B

Barney14

These blades were signficantly changed a few years ago.

I think I tried the old version, 2nd shave today was very good, working through a selection of Russian Gillettes, hope they all are as good

I tried the Yellow's for the first time a few weeks back. I was very impressed by this blade, which still appears to be available from both Amazon and Walmart at a reasonable price for one hundred.

proxy.php

Walmart has them for $14.90 with free 3-day shipping.

Thus is a particularly good deal because Amazon has apparently raised its minimum order for free shipping to $35.

As I said in another thread: It's all old news. Pre-2017 or post-2017, they will be gone in a couple of months. We will see if P&G starts making SharpEdge in India or China. But they won't shave the same.

Best shave I’ve ever had with my ‘59 adjustable using the 7 O’ Clock sharp edge. Smooth, super close, efficient yet very low on irritation. Brilliant on the tricky neck areas .
Would say the same too with it in the Made in England FBT I tried it in today.
Could be my new #1 choice for vintage Gillettes. Want to try in a few more.
IMG_7007.png

Top Bottom