What's new

4711 Original Eau de Cologne

This stuff does double duty and get yourself some. On the front label it states: "4711.......Eau de Cologne......After Shave". Two, two, two usages in one. After shave and eau de cologne combined and if you ever wanted a threesome......you and both of those. Do I need to draw you a picture? You guys won't go wrong with this scent. It's nice, really nice to splash on your face.

Indeed, 4711 is a classic!!

speick merkur 4711 st pauli girl january 18 2016.jpg

My grandmother loved it!

So did mine.

Now 70, the idea that 4711 is an old ladies’ Eau de Cologne is so deeply engrained into my brain that still today I find the idea of using 4711 myself somehow strange.

Have been looking to get a free sample to see whether the scent is how I remember it.

B.

Last edited:
^ your grandmother's grandmother probably loved it too. this stuff is literally from the 1700s, but somehow smells very modern. not unlike Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino

I think this is the stuff they issued Nazi U boat crew. They couldn't bathe so they used this to cover up the B.O.

I think that my grandmother was a St. Pauli girl.

Really???

Did you know that Hamburg’s red light district with its 24hr cathouses and bars is in St. Pauli? :sneaky2:

B.

P.S.
While most associate it with the St. Pauli district in Hamburg, the brewery is actually named after the St. Pauli friary in Bremen (not sure what a voluptuous young lady would be doing there) and the beer is (was?) brewed by Beck’s in Bremen, while the beer for the US market is brewed in St. Louis.
The brewery used to choose their “spokesmodels” annually (not sure whether they still do) and many were ex-playmates. That may explain why they never seem to age.
I’ve never seen this beer offered in Germany.

Last edited:
Really???

Did you know that Hamburg’s red light district with its 24hr cathouses and bars is in St. Pauli? :sneaky2:

P.S.
While most associate it with the St. Pauli district in Hamburg, the brewery is actually named after the St. Pauli friary in Bremen (not sure what a voluptuous young lady would be doing there) and the beer is (was?) brewed by Beck’s in Bremen, while the beer for the US market is brewed in St. Louis.
The brewery used to choose their “spokesmodels” annually (not sure whether they still do) and many were ex-playmates. That may explain why they never seem to age.
I’ve never seen this beer offered in Germany.
I did not know that.

Top Bottom