What's new

2024 Shaving Resolutions

I am exercising full restraint of non-essentials - we have a family trip to Tokyo to plan for and will be needing to pickup a domicile for my kids entering college very soon…

Both here and with my fishing exploits. I fear the latter may be much harder to remain aligned to; I still have a custom rod needing pickup in Huntington Beach :thumbup1:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
1) Complete 366 shaves this year.
2) Reduce my overall soap count.
3) Reduce my overall count of blade varieties
4) Get rid of some brushes
5) Not acquire anymore razors

I don't really need to join any restraints, because I may still buy items but I find I do better restraining myself. Ideally I would like to reduce my soaps from 17 to 10 or below, but as a regular in the 3017 thread I know that may be a big ask for 1 year.

1. I will not purchase a razor in 2024. (I managed to reduce the number of razors in my den this year from 20 to 4. I’m gonna stick with these 4 come hell or high water).

2. No new brushes. I’m set.

3. No blades this year. I have enough blades to will a lifetime supply to my grandchildren.

4. I will not exceed 1 software purchase per month. (A soap, splash, or frag).

As several here have mentioned, complete the entire 2024 restraint.
I won't fool myself and say it will be easy, but there is no reason on earth I need anything the entire year when there are days I could open my own mini Pasteur's or do a ton of PIF's and still be set until retirement.

For 2024,

I'm not entering anymore GRUME months. I want to buy what I want when I want and without guilt!

No more SWS, SOTM, or other groups that restrict my choices of what I'm going to use to shave. Variety is the name of the game for 2024.

I'm going to swap blades when I want, change razors when I want, choose my soap and aftershave as the mood dictates that morning.

About the only thing I'm going to commit to is to continue with my usual routine of a morning shave, thus I have joined the 366 daily shave group.
I love it. Indulge!!!

This year, my New Year's resolution is to have no New Year's resolution and live day by day, enjoying every second of life as best I can.

A wonderful 2024 for everyone!
❤️🪒

IMG_4192.jpeg

As with a number of posters in this thread, I will continue to use up my ample supply of soap and creams. I only bought two in 2023, a tub of proraso when I was in Italy, and a Palmolive stick that I found in a local pharmacy.

I will continue using the cheap no name boar I have been using for years. I think I have around 3000 shaves on it so far, if not I'll definitely have it by the end of the year.

Be more selective in my razor purchases. I'm still looking for a tortoise heljestrand, and a couple of others. Possibly reduce my 'needs work' pile of straights, and reduce the total number thereof.

My resolution for 2024 is to go from 2 shaves per blade to 1 and done... I feel recently I'm using too many strokes during the 2nd shave to achieve what I do on the 1st shave of a blade so its 1 and done for 2024!! Since I only shave every other day its only around 180 blades so less than $20 for the year.

Top Bottom