What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

Last shave of the year, one more year in this decade restraint done successfully without a single shave related acquisition.

When I joined these restraints, I had no doubt having enough shaving soaps and creams, but was unsure if I would have enough blades to make it through the decade, but having used just 7 blades in this year, I am getting pretty confident now.

I am almost finished with a soap I started in 2019... I am slowly learning that it is quite possible I will never need to purchase any more shaving gear.

Hi,

I bought some blades the first week of 23, and they should see me thru a few years before I need to do that again. I will need to buy a new bottle of Lubriderm next week, that being my restock week for the year-long. All part of not going nuts on the buying. Otherwise, I am good. I won't need any razors, brushes or soap.

Oh, and I realize I have slacked off on the Burma-Shave jingles. I'll get back to that.

Stan

Happy New Year gentlemen! Another successful year down. T - minus 59 days for me. I decided after 6 years to sit out the yearly. I did sign up for the month of January just to keep me true. My den is showing signs of relief. My goal is after Feb 29, to continue to 3017 items and only purchase when I run out of something. First purchase in March will be a new Dopp. Wishing you all a successful journey to the end of February and decades end!

Also still in. My new years resolution is the same as last year. This year will be the year I manage to complete 3017ing my brick of Vitos that I started in Feb 2019. It is almost cheating because I really thought that I would finish near the end of 2023 so hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to declare it completed. I am not concerned about the rest of the decade because I have 60 unopened soaps that I can 3017 my through.

I had to check to see if I remembered to sign up for the leap year (it appears I did). So I will celebrate next month by knowing I only have six or so years to go. The part that amazes me so far is how little progress I have made in reducing my stash of stuff. I may need to roll straight into the 2030s decade restraint 🤔

In the mean time grats to those still. 🎉

Well, I successfully completed the Leap Year constraint without any shave related purchase. The shave den has still not taken any significant dent in these four years, with an average of 10 blades per year, and almost no soaps killed as I am having quite a few on rotation. I am pretty confident to make it through the decade constraint as well.

Top Bottom