What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

Food for thought:

What if the stories @Pepin writes were about surviving racers overcoming adversity. This would avoid having a reward for getting eliminated. It would also impose a reciprocation debt on the characters in the stories.

I will credit the Sabbaticals with helping me focus on what I like and want to keep on hand vs just dabble in. As I may have mentioned before, I've got a mental list of what I'd replace and what I wouldn't. I've already tossed anything that wasn't at least adequate for me and I may make another pass to trim that herd a bit more. Might be selling off a few straights that aren't doing it for me too.

BTW, If you're stocking up on Arko, might as well get the box of twelve. If you're in the US and an Amazon Prime member, it's $10.59 for a box of 12 sticks delievered(when I just checked). I just throw them in the back of the freezer and thaw as needed. WCS has the 2oz twist up shaving stick tubes that hold a stick of Arko almost perfectly

Good stuff everyone that finished, thanks again @Pepin for all the work this year. :)
I'll see the 2020 people from the sidelines and bridges over the track.

I know what I like and I'm dialed in on the things I've tried / own. I still have some things I want to try out, but I'm not ADed up.

Made it through again, but this year I want to pick up some hones and maybe some more straights (mostly for the Gold Dollar Challange). Maybe 2021, but I've broken the acquisition disease for shaving stuff and may never buy anything again other than soap making supplies -- I'll never use up my blades and really only need one or two razors. I've pretty much settled on a FatBoy and a slant.

#1 Still in, lol. It has been a fun year.

I appreciate the thanks and congratulations on my short paragraphs in the ongoing Maltese Falcon-razor story, thank you very much. Also, my thanks to those who have supplied interesting ideas, twists to the plot etc.

Congratulations to all those Operatives who made it!

There are still nine to check-in, and time is running short. I will send them a pm and ask them to sign in.

Thank you for the patience in waiting for story updates, some days the ideas are not there, and of course work interferes.

Made through the year with zero purchases. I'm glad we have this thread to keep me on the no-purchase wagon.

Thanks for the reminder to check in, Pepin.

I didn’t buy anything last year, because I didn’t need anything. Simple as that.

Have a great 2020 everybody.

I don't think I am one of the nine stragglers... but on the off chance I will declare that I am still in and turning in my trench coat and gum shoes and am firing up the old ford pickup and cruising on into 2020 in hops of making it five years in a row.

Ruckin.

This was my first sabbatical and was actually fun! Finished it up without giving in to temptation! Congrats to everyone that crossed the finish line!

Check in for me, made it through with no issues. The wife is sneaky, and somehow found out I had my eye on the ceramic container for MWF and gave me one for Xmas. :D

Still waiting on three. Hate to have three go out by not checking in at the end. :facep:
Anyone know jldallas, Macsen, or JohnYaddy?

On another note I have ordered my restock, TOBS Bay Rum, Pinaud Clubman Original, and a 100 -blade pack.

My restock this year was a CC dish to replace the one that I broke several years ago (I splurged for the copper one this time). I also picked up 4 bars of sterling soap for the bathtub.

Hopefully we can wrap this up in the proper way. The mission feels incomplete with the thread being banished and such mystery surrounding the Maltese Falcon!

Top Bottom