What's new

2014 Roundup - Fundraiser and Shaving Swag Giveaway - ***Updated with More Prizes!***

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!

It's Roundup Time!

Once more we wish to welcome you to the sometimes annual Support Badger and Blade Contest. This event is being brought to you by the self-appointed and self-important B&B Fund Raising Committee. Members include a whole lot of people that spend way too much time on this site. Special recognition goes to Mr. Scruffy who inspired these contests, and is its heart and soul. He wrote it so well, I freely admit that most of the rest of what you read below was nicked directly from him.

Our Story (still): We like B&B. We think that you do too. We truly enjoy our time spent here. Each of us through B&B has been afforded a wonderful source of information, inspiration, support, camaraderie and general good fun in our respective pursuit of shaving happiness and all things of a gentlemanly nature. Because of this forum and those who participate here we have transitioned from lethargic, face scraping automatons to well educated, well informed and contented wetshavers. Straights or DE’s, soaps or creams, badger or boar, regardless of your chosen setup this board has helped guide you through the process of finding what works for you. You have adopted the B&B mantra, “YMMV”.

What started as a humble shaving forum a little more than nine years ago but was full of ambition, has turned into the complete site with the gentleman (and like-minded lady) in mind. Brushes, soaps, razors? Check, check, check. Cooking, clothing, writing, outdoor sports? It's all here and more. These innovations were driven by the passions and interests of you, our great members, more than 50,000 strong. For this, you have our thanks.

Continuing the task we have assigned ourselves to assist in assuring the financial viability of Badger and Blade we have assembled a grab bag of goodies from our personal stashes to entice and reward B&B members who support this community with their hard earned coin. We don’t have a specific purpose for this fund drive other than to show support for the forum. We will leave it up to Joel and Nick to determine the best uses for the funds we raise here. We thank you for your support, and we're going to thank you even more!

tha roolze

Here's how the contest will work:

• The format is pretty much the same as previous fundraisers. All members are eligible for the contest. We especially wish to encourage the participation of our international members. Lurkers will need to join in order to play.
  • A raffle will be held to award the goodies listed below to six deserving B&B contributors. The entry period for the raffle begins now and will end at 8:00 PM EDT on Labor Day, Monday September 1, 2014.
  • Any B&B member who becomes a new Copper Level ($25), Bronze Level ($45), Silver Level ($75) or Gold Level ($100) contributor will be automatically eligible for the raffle. In order to enter the raffle, go to the Contributor's Corner and add a post to the"2014 Roundup and Contributor Contest" thread. Include in your post the words "I'm in". Don't forget to make your contribution before posting to this thread!!
  • Members who have previously contributed, regardless of amount, can participate in this contest by making another Copper, Bronze, Silver or Gold contribution.
  • Only one entry per member is allowed.
  • The First Place Prize, Second Place Prize, Third Place Prize and Coming in Last Place Ain't So Bad After All Prize will be awarded to members whose entries have been selected by a random number generator on the first day following the end of the entry period.
  • Play nice. Play fair..
  • This is the most important rule – NO WHINING, COMPLAINING, CRYING, TANTRUMS, SNARKINESS OR GENERAL DISPLAYS OF BAD ATTITUDE...Violators will be disqualified at the discretion of the committee members, without refund of any contribution made.
  • Rules are subject to change at our discretion to accommodate what we feel to be fair play for all.

Note to Sabbatical-aliens: Your participation in this contest will not be considered a contravention of your sworn oath of self-denial of new shaving kit.

The Prize List!! (with pics below)

:thumbup:3rd Place..shall receive:thumbup:

$100 Gift Certificate to West Coast Shaving

:thumbsup:2nd Place..shall receive:thumbsup:

$150 Gift Certificate to West Coast Shaving

:a50:1st Place..shall receive:a50:

$200 Gift Certificate to West Coast Shaving

But wait, you're thinking "I never win anything. My team always came in last place, and they kicked my dog too." Well, we have the prize just for you, the Last Place Ain't So Bad After All Prize.

If your entry comes in the last spot on the randomly generated contest list, you will receive the Classic Collection consisting of:
a new six pack of Coate's shaving cream in convenient travel tubes,
a new tube of Indian-made Shulton Old Spice shaving cream,
a new tube of Musgo Real Lavender shaving cream, and
a puck of vintage Williams shave soap in all of its tallowy goodness​

But wait… There's More!!!!!!!!!! There are also two special Gold Level Prizes!!!!!!

Members who contribute at the Gold level ($100), in addition to being eligible for the above prizes, will also be eligible for one of the two following prizes. Two names of new Gold Level contributors will be drawn by random selection, and the first person on the list will choose one of the two Gold Level Prizes, with the second person on the Gold Level list receiving the remaining Gold Level Prize.

The First Gold Level Prize is a

$250 Gift Certificate to West Coast Shaving

The Second Gold Level Prize is The Unobtainium Collection

which consists of:

A NIB Puck of Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil Shave Soap
A New Puck of Penhaligon's English Fern Shave Soap (with tallow)
A NIB Bowl of The Art of Shaving's Unscented Shave Soap (Italian-made, with tallow)
A New Puck of Vintage Wrisley Saddle Club Shave Soap
A New, Apparently Unused Bowl of Houbigant Fougere Royale Shave Soap (the rarely seen legend)

All of these great soaps are no longer produced, and it will take a lot of auction site trolling, nerves of steel and cold hard cash to obtain them today. But wait.....there's still more.
The last piece of the Unobtainium Collection.
With all of those soaps, you need something to lather them.

How about a great Rooney Brush, the classic 1/1:

Unobtainium? You bet:

Found in the back room of Classic Shaving in 2010, this lightly used Rooney 1/1 Finest

:eek2: Yowza!
:a47:

Click on the link in my signature below to make your contribution.

Disclaimer: None of the B&B members who contributed to this contest receive any remuneration from B&B for this effort and will not profit from your generous contribution(s). All items are offered as is, where is without warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. What you see is what you get. No refunds. No exchanges. Look at it this way; if you're not happy with the goodies you win, be consoled by your new paperweights and altruistic actions in perpetuating B&B.

OK, I think I got it all. Any questions, please ask. On your marks, get set, go Contribute to Badger and Blade!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
:a47::a47::a47::a47::a47::a47::a47:

Incredible!

First new Contributor to enter this contest will win something awesome from me!

Who's going to be the first!?

Last edited:
C'mon Cowboy...Pony up for little ol' Norma Jeane.

$tumblr_mye36wghjg1t0euu9o1_1280.jpg

Fantastic! I've been meaning to become a contributor and now I am one. Thanks to all of the great B&B'ers for all of the great advice and entertainment!

Hot doggie, thats one heck of a root'n toot'n good time. the Duke himself couldnt turn down a prize lot like that.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Top Bottom