What's new

2011 B&B LE Brush SOLD OUT-Updated Post 490

#13 Is safe and sound in Calgary. It got here the day before Canada Post locked out workers. Also Rudy was good enough to give me the number I requested, so it's all great. Also the brush has a great hand feel and the knot is wonderful.

While I am very pleased with the brush, I have had an issue with it losing a hair or two with every shave. I hope that stops soon. And after a few uses I also notice that there a few extra long hairs poking out of the top. One of them is a good quarter inch longer with a couple others not so long. I can see that it was the result of the tips curling over when the knot was stacked. The long hair I've tugged on gently a few times, but it remains stuck fast.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
While I am very pleased with the brush, I have had an issue with it losing a hair or two with every shave. I hope that stops soon. And after a few uses I also notice that there a few extra long hairs poking out of the top. One of them is a good quarter inch longer with a couple others not so long. I can see that it was the result of the tips curling over when the knot was stacked. The long hair I've tugged on gently a few times, but it remains stuck fast.

That long hair is a "feature" for getting that tight area just below the nose. :lol:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
So it seems everyone is liking their brushes. I am glad to hear that. Fabulous work Rudy!!!!

So who does have #1?????

I heard it went to someplace in the middle of the country....no wait a minute, it was the left coast...or was it the East Coast... or was it Texas....yeah thats it , it was Texas, or was it Canada....

Oh Hell I don't know.......

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Okay all of you B&B 2011 LE brush fanatics. I am about to unveil the holy grail, the brush we have all been looking for.

Ladies and Gents......May I present for your viewing pleasure Brush #1 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This brush will be highly sought after and just may turn up again some day at the appropriate time or place. So before you all ask. No I am not going to use it.:mad3:

Attachments

• $brush 1.jpg
    $brush 1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 269
  • $Brush 2.jpg
    $Brush 2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 269
Okay all of you B&B 2011 LE brush fanatics. I am about to unveil the holy grail, the brush we have all been looking for.

Ladies and Gents......May I present for your viewing pleasure Brush #1 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This brush will be highly sought after and just may turn up again some day at the appropriate time or place. So before you all ask. No I am not going to use it.:mad3:

Wow, so did you get another to use? I can't wait to shave tomorrow, it is #32's turn in the rotation.

Heres #67 with a money shot, and a post bloom shot.......Held enough for 3+ passes easily, just hogged it a bit.....no biggie.

$RV #1.jpg

$RV #2.jpg

:thumbup1:

What a fantastic brush!

Thank you Rudy for your excellent craftsmanship!

And thank you Brian and Scott for doing whatever it was that you did. :lol:

Here are pictures of my brush #55. Pre and post first lathering brush to show the bloom. I have used it four times so far and it has lost a total of 3 hairs. Fantastic brush in both face feel and performance.:thumbup1:

Attachments

• $IMG_0919.jpg
    $IMG_0919.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 237
  • $IMG_0921.jpg
    $IMG_0921.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 235
  • $IMG_0927.jpg
    $IMG_0927.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 235
11/75 got through a shave today without shedding any hair. Hopefully that'll be the last of the hair loss.

I did a test today to see how much water the knot can hold. I soaked it in hot water for two minutes. Then I gentlybpulled it out and let stop dripping. Next I held it tips down over a cup and did a couple of gentle downward flicks, followed by gently squeezing the knot. The result was two and one quarter ounces of water that came out of the knot!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
What a fantastic brush!

Thank you Rudy for your excellent craftsmanship!

And thank you Brian and Scott for doing whatever it was that you did. :lol:

Basically all we did Harry was tie Rudy to a chair and shocked him relentlessly until he agreed to make this many brushes.:w00t::lol:

No. 25 got her first workout this morning! No prep (other than a soak in warm water of course), just straight from Rudy's hands to my face! Face lathered today (that's why there's not a heap of lather pictured on my brush - it's on my face or down the drain as I nearly forgot to take a pic!). Brush felt soft, dense and sufficient backbone. Held ample water (a little too much at first) and plenty of lather. The handle feels sturdy and comfortable. Being my first butterscotch it's like a ray of sunshine in my otherwise dreary Autumn morning (I'm in Australia if you are confused by my reference to the season)! Thanks again Rudy (and to all that contributed to it's production).

No shedding issues for me.

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2011-06-22 at 9.24.06 AM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-06-22 at 9.24.06 AM.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 149
  • $Screen shot 2011-06-22 at 9.23.42 AM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-06-22 at 9.23.42 AM.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 150
  • $Screen shot 2011-06-22 at 9.24.34 AM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-06-22 at 9.24.34 AM.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 150
  • $Screen shot 2011-06-22 at 9.24.55 AM.jpg