What's new

1st shave with a slant

Wow, what a smooth shave. I think this is going to be my go to razor, at least for awhile. Smooth, irritation free shave. Tried it with the Gillette super silver ( blue package), don't know if those are the swedes or not but the razor/blade combo was awesome.

Had my first go at this razor this week as well, very, very close shave, thoug I wasnt quite irritation free like you (though I am improving). Good show!

Gents,
As I write this, I just got my Merkur slant and had my first shave with it in the last hour. It is monday and I haven't shaved since sat morning. It is superb! It's like a hot knife cutting through butter. I still did multiple passes, but still less than the regular HD. It's funny the Merkur blade felt like it was sharper in the slant than a regular HD - of course I only used the stock blade that came with the razor. I had 2 small nicks, but that is after multiple passes going up for that baby butt smooth shave. I've been wet shaving for about 7-8 months now, I guess I graduated to the next level. I'll probably also get the Barberpole, and sell off my regular HD and the Barberpole as I don't see myself going back. My only question is at Lees safety razor when you place your cursor over the slant it says that it's not for everyday shaving. Is that true?

I've been shaving with mine everyday since I got it. It's probably only been about a week but so far no complaints.

Top Bottom