What's new

1st Gen iPad Pro Vs iPad 10th Generation

iPad Pro 11' first generation purchased in 2019, the battery is wearing thin.

Buying a current iPad 10th Generation, giving back the old Pro, would cost about $60 more than changing the battery of the Pro. In theory it would be a lower level iPad, but in five years after purchasing the first one, there is a new processors and the new iPad uses the same screen of the old Pro. Not sure about the camera, but I don't use it with the iPad.

The use would be the same, I don't have to do any extra things.

Based on the relatively small difference in price between the two options, what would you do?

Eben Stone

Staff member
What do you use it for? As in level of importance. Ex: day trading stock charts or Angry Birds?

Are you still able to run the latest iOS version?

I'm not sure how Apple does their iOS updates, but if it's anything like Mac OS updates, at some point they stop making updates for older hardware. It's something to consider if you need to use the latest version of Safari, etc.

Thank you, of course all of that should bee kept in mind, however at this point am just trying to understand which one of the two is better in terms of overall performances and video quality.

Screen size difference too yeah? Just to help not answer your original question lol, we just purchased a new pro and it’s fantastic. Great luck with your decision. If you’re close to an Apple Store, a Genius Bar visit always helps me figure out these types of questions.

Eh! I am refraining myself to go to a store that may have the 13" pro....

By the way, wasn't a new Pro supposed to be released in March?

Go with the 10th generation IPad. It’s a newer version, guaranteed support for many years to come, excellent battery life and performance

Top Bottom