What's new

1966 Gillette Travel Tech

So the other day I came across a brand new Gillette Travel Tech. Date code is L1 which I believe means its from 1966, but it has never been used. Yesterday, I gave it a try because I wanted to see how I liked he razor before I was stuck with only that razor for two weeks while I drive down the east coast. So I popped in a new Derby and let the shave commence. I was a little skeptical about how the shave would be because the handle is so tiny compared to my SS or Senator. Anyway, BBS shave and possibly the best shave I've had all week. The only complaint I had was the awkwardness of spinning the razor to use the opposite edge because the handle is extremely short. Besides that, Great Shave and I'm happy to take it whenever I travel.

Anyone else ever use a travel tech? how'd you like it?

where could you get a different handle for it ? handles I've seen cost as much as a new razor

I used an automatic center punch I picked up at Lowes. Take it apart and thread the end you take the punch out of. The center punch breaks down into 3 pieces giving you up to a 5 piece razor that is easy to tuck away into a little pouch.

$New Handle 2.jpg$Old Handle.jpg

Great report. I have two of these coming in a lot of five I bought. I'll have to give them a spin based on your input.

I also picked one of these up in an antique store the other day. Could not pass it up for $10. It looks brand new. Looks like it is also a 1966 (L 2). Looks like I found my new travel set.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 276
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 280
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 272
I just couldn't use that little handle. Fortunately the SS Weber handles do great in the dopp kit, just wrapped in a microfiber cloth or a piece of old tshirt. I would like to find a nice travel pouch like that to put my own travel setup in. I'd like to find an L4 kit, my birth year and quarter.

Top Bottom