What's new

100 Greatest Movies.

I've got to agree that I'd rate Citizen Kane and Ben Hur as about equal. Citizen Kane was a good movie, not a great one in my opinion. I couldn't watch Casablanca. I just wasn't interested in it. Singing in the Rain is probably my wife's favorite movie. 2001 A Space Odyssey is another that I turned off because I just couldn't get into it.

Why isn't Arsenic and Old Lace not on the list????

The older list is better than the newer one. Hollywood is full of idiots.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Uhhh Wyatt Earp??
Sorry, but I thought he sucked in that one, especially compared to Kurt Russell in Tombstone.
Wyatt Earp is one of his roles that I thought he basically channeled his character in Bull Durham; great character for BD, but way bad for Earp.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Sorry, but I thought he sucked in that one, especially compared to Kurt Russell in Tombstone.
Wyatt Earp is one of his roles that I thought he basically channeled his character in Bull Durham; great character for BD, but way bad for Earp.

I suppose I can live with that.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
In the same vein I once set out to watch all the Best Pictures winners - starting with Wings then moved into the talkies. More of a historical journey really .. you could get an idea of the changing tastes of the movie-going public & Hollywood as you worked through them. There was one that I couldn't find in any of our local library network of 60 odd, that I found floating in flea bay - How Green Was My Valley that won in 1941 beating out the aforementioned Citizen Kane AND The Maltese Falcon!

There really is no accounting for taste I guess ..I had seen a number of them previously, but lost interest somewhere around 2010. These days I may watch an old favorite on a couple occasions through the year but the interest in films hasn't returned .. This year I re-watched Casablanca, Yankee Doodle Dandy (July 4th), and I think The Deer Hunter was the most recent thing watched

He's been in so many good movies. I looked up his filmography after reading your post, and forgot how many good ones he's been in.

The Untouchables will always be my favorite of his, and a very underrated and under the radar movie is No Way Out with Gene Hackman and Shaun Young.

Top Bottom