What's new

100 Greatest Movies.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Lol’d. The Bodyguard is pretty cheesy, but it’s Costner so I liked it as well. :)
Ahh crap. I forgot about The Bodyguard. I don’t think I’ve seen that all the way through. I was thinking of Message In A Bottle. Based off the Nicholas Sparks book. His wife dies and he tosses a letter out in a bottle. Some reporter in NY happens to get it and tracks him down and they fall in love but not after Costner pushes her away blah blah. Paul Newman is in it which is why I like it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Ahh crap. I forgot about The Bodyguard. I don’t think I’ve seen that all the way through. I was thinking of Message In A Bottle. Based off the Nicholas Sparks book. His wife dies and he tosses a letter out in a bottle. Some reporter in NY happens to get it and tracks him down and they fall in love but not after Costner pushes her away blah blah. Paul Newman is in it which is why I like it.

Yeah, I had to drink some dark yucky wine and watch it with the wife. Costner made it bearable.

A man’s gots to do what a man gots to do! ;)

Yeah, I had to drink some dark yucky wine and watch it with the wife. Costner made it bearable.

A man’s gots to do what a man gots to do! ;)
That damned movie brought us the very annoying song I Will Always Love You. 🎶 🎵 “Cuz IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII…. IIIIIIIIIIIII….WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOOOOOOOUUUU…” 🎶 🎵 Aaaggghhhh! It should be banned forever even though the lovely Dolly Parton wrote it. 🤪

OkieStubble

That damned movie brought us the very annoying song I Will Always Love You. 🎶 🎵 “Cuz IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII…. IIIIIIIIIIIII….WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOOOOOOOUUUU…” 🎶 🎵 Aaaggghhhh! It should be banned forever even though the lovely Dolly Parton wrote it. 🤪

Lmao!

OkieStubble

You know there are those movies you watch, that you didn’t quite understand and it made you feel weird after watching it, but you don’t know why? That’s one of those movies.

I can remember when I was like a young kid and seen the Burt Reynolds movie ‘Deliverance’ for the first time.

Same thing as above. Had no clue of understanding what was happening, but damn it was weird. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Big Chill has to be Costner's best performance yet.
I forgot he was in that! Great movie the one time I watched it, what, in 1989 or something? Wonder if it holds up.

I read the book the Postman. ALWAYS have wanted to see the movie. He also filmed a movie at the old Tiger Stadium that I am STILL mad that they tore down and replaced with the shtoopidest looking ball park in the werld. Tiger's have been cursed since Sparky Anderson left.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Bull Durham?

I forgot he was in that! Great movie the one time I watched it, what, in 1989 or something? Wonder if it holds up.

My comment was only in jest. :) Costner plays the dead friend, and only his hands are seen in the movie. I'm a big fan of his actual work though.

Dave, the Big Chill was '83. I think the soundtrack, just as much, if not more than the movie, is considered a classic.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Oh my goodness. I really am as old as dirt. I saw it on VHS, so that would be a clue, lol!

Where DOES the time go?

I don't consider myself that old, but I know exactly how you feel. Lol

I think I still have the VHS! :). And a VCR!

I set my VCR/DVD player up for the first time in a number of years a couple of weeks ago. It's been wild going through old tapes and disks. The sound of a VHS tape playing is something that I never paid attention to back in the day, but have noticed now.

Top Bottom