What's new

1/2 price while they last

half-price-sale-sign_53876-90899.jpg

We just got a shipment of ceramics in the other day - soap lockers and lather bowls. We had a number of them that were out of specification - color off, spotty glaze, sizing a bit large, etc. Pottery can be this way. When you open the kiln it can feel like Christmas morning as a kid. Not quite sure what you will get until you see it.

Because of this we have two new listings in our store. The numbers on these are very limited. When they are gone they are gone. There are a number of colors to choose from and in all cases the products are perfectly serviceable. The differences are cosmetic in nature, not functional. All sales are final.

Link for your convenience: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all

I was looking at the color options. Is there an example on the site for what dark brown looks like in the soap locker? The picture seemed to show the black colorway but maybe it is just monitor color differences.

I was looking at the color options. Is there an example on the site for what dark brown looks like in the soap locker? The picture seemed to show the black colorway but maybe it is just monitor color differences.
Thanks for asking. Yes, if you are on the listing and click the drop down menu for color, just click on Dark Brown. Then click on the picture to enlarge it. That is the color and it is very nearly black.

I'm in!
Just ordered a Sapphire shave locker. I had no idea they made these and it'll be perfect for
a particular soap puck that I have and have been meaning to try.
I have 2 of the Captain's lather bowls and they're my favorites!
Price for these shave lockers is good enough that I'm willing to deal with whatever cosmetic defect it has.

Just ordered a Sapphire shave locker. I had no idea they made these and it'll be perfect for
a particular soap puck that I have and have been meaning to try.
Price for these shave lockers is good enough that I'm willing to deal with whatever cosmetic defect it has.
Well LRod, you just got the last one in Sapphire. It is a real beauty as you will soon see. There are no blemishes, it is a second only due to being a bit too big. So you are in for a treat!

Is the "black" option for the lather bowl going to be in the Seaworthy style, like the photo, or Classic?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I love my out of spec larger Sapphire Soap Locker. It was big enough to heat up and melt a Cube Pre-Shave soap. I melted a hunk of Stirling pre-shave in my other, re-introduced Soap Locker from Scott's first run a few months ago. I'm pretty thrilled about using them.

Received my first soap locker: Excellent packing. Generous samples. Fast shipping. And it looks great! Couldn't ask for a better purchase experience.

Thanks for your kind words. We do all we can as a small business to stand out and it is encouraging when customers notice.

Is the "black" option for the lather bowl going to be in the Seaworthy style, like the photo, or Classic?

Great question and let me clarify. "Black" is a seconds in the Seaworthy style. That style has a ridge around the exterior and a more upright profile to the sides.

In contrast, Gunmetal (also is black) is available as first run only and is in the Classic Style. This Classic Style has a smooth exterior and nicely curved profile.

The long and short of it is we are in the middle of closing out all Seaworthy style bowls - the one with the ridge on the exterior. We are consolidating to the Classic Style and will offer it in several colors. The color most exciting to me is the Bisque which is a wonderful contrasting beige / rich brown.

I love my out of spec larger Sapphire Soap Locker. It was big enough to heat up and melt a Cube Pre-Shave soap. I melted a hunk of Stirling pre-shave in my other, re-introduced Soap Locker from Scott's first run a few months ago. I'm pretty thrilled about using them.

There is much that you can do with these and they look outstanding on the countertop. No more need to put tubs of soap back on the shelf or in the drawer. Now customers can upgrade the look of their soaps by simply transferring the contents into one of our handmade soap lockers.

I will be candid and say it has been a chore. It is also no easy feat to get the lids to fit right with such tight tolerances. The soap lockers are a steep learning curve even for a professional potter. More than once I have nearly decided to just forget about them altogether. We sell a lot of "seconds" then give others away with large orders and toss others. So it is a money losing deal and has been for a time now. The hope is that if we can get it nailed down we can recoup our costs, break even on them, and thereafter start making it all worthwhile.

My order arrived yesterday, and I wanted to share some pics.

I went for the Dark Brown lather bowl and I'm already in love. Excellent quality. The darkness of the brown is a great compliment to the dark brown glass CC bottles. I should never have waited so long to grab one of these.

For anyone on the fence, I highly recommend pulling the trigger, you will NOT be disappointed.

In taking advantage of a steep discount like this, I never could've expected it, but The Captain gifted me a Soap Locker in the Sea Foam color!!!

As he's said, these seconds are sometimes included at no cost, with an order of size and I must've met the mark!!

I can't say thank you enough for the generosity!!

Feast your eyes!

1687746029185.png

1687746057206.png

1687745998401.png

1687746127012.png

1687746164578.png

Top Bottom