What's new

Atelier Durdan Vestige

I guess it would be a trial and error thing. Some might work and some might not!
I wonder if using a nylon washer would be a workaround and still keep the head tight enough to shave with. I have to be honest I'm not a fan of the stock handles, especially the one with an arrow shaped end that you wouldn't be able to stand up on end which seems weird to me.

I wonder if using a nylon washer would be a workaround and still keep the head tight enough to shave with. I have to be honest I'm not a fan of the stock handles, especially the one with an arrow shaped end that you wouldn't be able to stand up on end which seems weird to me.
That's why when I bought it, I ordered it with the Le Maurice handle!
I never liked the stock Vestige handle. The Le Maurice handle (even in the long length version) has a larger diameter.
About the washer: Probably would work, but then a side of the washer would "hang over the edge" of the base plate.
Like I said, mine was modified by them but any other handle beyond what they have would be experimentation.

Me too!
But...
I just tried Treet Carbon DE blades this week because I had been curious about them.
I posted about them in my journal!
I was curious because they're carbon steel and because they have a black finish.
I got a deal on Amazon last week and gave them a go. To my surprise, I think they're neck & neck with the Lab Blues. 3 tries so far and they've been awesome. Tried one out tonight on my Rex Envoy and had a perfect shave.
An excellent blade!
I kinda of agree. They are very predictable so I use them in a new razor or reacquaint myself with one that has been out of rotation for a while. The Treet Durasharp may have a slight edge though on a second shave. I usually one and done the black beauty.

A88A7BF0-63BB-4099-98BF-E9DE7081A95F.jpeg

It actually stands more securely than you’d think. But of course it’s really designed to slot into the stand and looks really nice that way, from a design perspective.

I broke down and ordered a ++ Vestige. I have the La Faulx with classic and + plates and have taken a shine to it. Thought a Vestige would be worth a shot as well. After reading this thread I decided to go straight to the ++ base due to folks saying it’s about like the Sabre level 2. The + La Faulx is just barely efficient enough for my daily shave liking. I have a ++ coming to try as well. Very impressed so far with Atelier Dardan razors.

I broke down and ordered a ++ Vestige. I have the La Faulx with classic and + plates and have taken a shine to it. Thought a Vestige would be worth a shot as well. After reading this thread I decided to go straight to the ++ base due to folks saying it’s about like the Sabre level 2. The + La Faulx is just barely efficient enough for my daily shave liking. I have a ++ coming to try as well. Very impressed so far with Atelier Dardan razors.
I may be the outlier, but found the ++ more aggressive and less smooth than the Sabre level II.
Hopefully that's not the case for you!
The Vestige just never worked for me but again, I guess I'm the odd man out!

I may be the outlier, but found the ++ more aggressive and less smooth than the Sabre level II.
Hopefully that's not the case for you!
The Vestige just never worked for me but again, I guess I'm the odd man out!
Yes I read your posts. Kinda hope it is a little more efficient than the level 2 Sabre. Hope it works out to be smooth for me….I’ll find out in a few weeks I guess. The La Faulx is fantastic so the Vestige has an up hill climb in front of it for sure.

I’m the odd man out when it comes to Timeless. None of their razors I’ve tried have worked well for me. It’s a mystery.

Yes I read your posts. Kinda hope it is a little more efficient than the level 2 Sabre. Hope it works out to be smooth for me….I’ll find out in a few weeks I guess. The La Faulx is fantastic so the Vestige has an up hill climb in front of it for sure.

I’m the odd man out when it comes to Timeless. None of their razors I’ve tried have worked well for me. It’s a mystery.
Efficiency wise: I found the Vestige to edge out the Sabre by a small margin.
Timeless: I've gotten rid of all mine. Super smooth but efficiency wasn't anywhere near my other "better" razors.

Just a question, how long does it generally take after placing an order before you get a shipping confirmation? 2 weeks? A month? 2 months? Thanks.

Just a question, how long does it generally take after placing an order before you get a shipping confirmation? 2 weeks? A month? 2 months? Thanks.
I suspect it is varying these days based on model and level of finish, but overall order to shipping time seems to be in weeks, not months, as of late. In the fastest case, I have experienced a week between order to shipping. Although that was for plates only. I have an order in for an additional complete Vestige. It has been a little over two weeks since placing the order and patiently awaiting notice of shipment.

I suspect it is varying these days based on model and level of finish, but overall order to shipping time seems to be in weeks, not months, as of late. In the fastest case, I have experienced a week between order to shipping. Although that was for plates only. I have an order in for an additional complete Vestige. It has been a little over two weeks since placing the order and patiently awaiting notice of shipment.
Good to know. I'm in no rush since I have several new razors. Also, I ordered all three heads Le Maurice, Vestige and La Faulx, so it might take extra time to complete. I asked Augustin if he could make the top cap of the Le Maurice with the grooved cap but haven't heard anything back.

Received a shipping notice for the Vestige, configured with +++ plate (and stand). Forecasted for delivery early next week.

After a significant internal debate, I decided to go with stainless steel, in basic polish, for this second Vestige. I was close to selecting bronze but just kept coming back to the look of polished SS, having missed it a little with my current brass copy.

Top Bottom