What's new

Stiffer brushes

Hey guys !
Could you throw out a few recommendations for some stiffer brushes that aren't bankbreakers ? I hate to just keep buying and trying until I find the right ones.
I think the soaps I've finally settled on may benefit from a stiff brush.
Thanks in advance !!!

Omega 20102 or '49. Tips become very soft but backbone is tremendous. You can also stiffen up a boar brush with one or two appropriately sized o-rings.

Could you throw out a few recommendations for some stiffer brushes that aren't bankbreakers?
The magical Omega 40033 Mighty Midget renowned for its backbone on steroids.
upload_2018-1-21_23-24-33.png

Like all Omega boars it keeps its shape and has beautifully soft tips once broken in. For $7 it's hard to go wrong.

Knot: 24mm
Loft: 50mm
Handle height: 36mm
Total height: 86mm
Weight: 31g

I second the vote for a Semogue boar. There are many badger options but the price point would be higher for me.

Semogue 610. I have one that I use at least 4-5 times a week and it's still stiff. I won't lie and say it's my favorite (because it's a bit too stiff for my taste), but it's the best combination of size and durability (acrylic or some sort of resin handle so no problem soaking) that I own , so it gets the most use.

For a boar brush try the Zenith "Big Scrubby". It's listed with a 28mm knot and set at 50mm for loft. That should work. Badger, it's hard to argue with the DO-1 2 band from Shavemac. If that's too much, a larger 2 band from TGN set low would be a decent option.

Proraso Pro, it is an Omega Pro with a shorter loft.
Omega 10077, smaller knot and very stiff.
I'd go with the Proraso Pro.
Another addition is a short loft Omega Premium that Connaught just commissioned. The bristles are finer than the usual Omega hair so it is a good balance.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
If you are looking for a badger brush, then only one brush for you: Shavemac D01 two-band.

Top Bottom