What's new

Stiffer brushes

The conversation begins and ends with a Shavemac D01 2 band.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yah, I agree with the Shavemac. I really enjoy the backbone on my D01 and find it to not have any scritchyness. It is scrubby though. Very enjoyable brush. No longer my absolute favorite but it is part of the regular rotation.

+1 on Shavemac DO1 2-band. A much-lower-priced alternative is a "pure" badger knot. There are many choices from the brand names and artisans. Mine is a Plisson No. 10, which I bought on BST for about $40. It's scrubby and a little bit prickly but nowhere near as stiff as a DO1 2-band. Also, a pure badger knot doesn't require break-in like a boar knot, and it seems to hold water and heat better as well.

Hey guys !
Could you throw out a few recommendations for some stiffer brushes that aren't bankbreakers ? I hate to just keep buying and trying until I find the right ones.
I think the soaps I've finally settled on may benefit from a stiff brush.
Thanks in advance !!!

I think the term bankbreakers needs a number attached to it. 18mm (the smallest) D01 two band runs ~$110 plush shipping, a 24mm is $135 plus shipping from Germany. While I have no doubt it's worth every penny of that is it what the OP is looking to spend?

I don't have any solutions on the cheap except Pure if you can tolerate a bit of prickle or maybe a boar. Well, there's always ebay finest brushes.

If you want to try a Semogue in Best shoot me a pm. Simpson and shavemac Pure aren't this coarse, but it'll give you an idea if you can deal with some prickle of Pure hair.

Top Bottom