What's new

Senshi's Japanese Pipe TobaccOdyssey

Four years ago today I embarked on this wonderful journey. While I believe anyone can enjoy pipe smoking, I consider myself extremely fortunate having been in the company of such wonderful gentlemen to show me the way. This forum has been a retreat from every day life and more than just a group of enabling money burners (which you are). I want to thank you all for your support, concern and camaraderie throughout the years.

Today, I popped a tin of Kingfisher that I have been saving for quite some time. I got it at Kawarada tobacco shop mentioned earlier on in this thread. Enjoying this tobacco is my celebration in getting my Bachelors in pipes ;)

I thought the best way to mark this occasion would be with the 2017 LE pipe.

proxy.php

I purchased this tin years ago thinking it had age on it but my goodness I’ve never seen a tin so chock full of resins and goop. Initially I thought it was somewhere in the 3-6 year range but after popping it I’m guessing 8-12 is probably closer.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thank you all so much!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Four years ago today I embarked on this wonderful journey. While I believe anyone can enjoy pipe smoking, I consider myself extremely fortunate having been in the company of such wonderful gentlemen to show me the way. This forum has been a retreat from every day life and more than just a group of enabling money burners (which you are). I want to thank you all for your support, concern and camaraderie throughout the years.

Today, I popped a tin of Kingfisher that I have been saving for quite some time. I got it at Kawarada tobacco shop mentioned earlier on in this thread. Enjoying this tobacco is my celebration in getting my Bachelors in pipes ;)

I thought the best way to mark this occasion would be with the 2017 LE pipe.

proxy.php

I purchased this tin years ago thinking it had age on it but my goodness I’ve never seen a tin so chock full of resins and goop. Initially I thought it was somewhere in the 3-6 year range but after popping it I’m guessing 8-12 is probably closer.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thank you all so much!
All, the coveted Bachelor of Science, Pipes. This is indeed a great little nook of B&B.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Has it only been 4 years? I have such fond memories of that green pipe smoker opening vacuum sealed tins with his bare hands, and bathing with snow monkeys.

Has it only been 4 years? I have such fond memories of that green pipe smoker opening vacuum sealed tins with his bare hands, and bathing with snow monkeys.

Haha yeah I cut my teeth on macaques. That first tin of Momoyama got drew the short straw. Who knew a nickel would make so much sense ;)

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Oh man, good thread resurrection! I really enjoyed watching your journey, then meeting in person in NYC, and I'm glad you're back on the board. Here's to 4 more years of happy smokes, and many more beyond that.

Always glad to "see your face" around these parts. This thread always was a very good read when I first embarked on my journey and brought with it plenty of laughs and vicarious good times. I hope all is well with you and yours. That tobacco looks good enough to chew :drool:.

Top Bottom