What's new

Got my two new synthetic Yaqi brushes today

Which one looks better?

• The black one

• The red one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funny thing is, it splays on my hand but not on my cheek. Guess my hand is smoother

The other 3 seem to be softer

Tried the white one again. Today it performed better on this bigger puck. Also, yesterday I didn't let the puck bloom for a while and today I did. So that might be a reason it did better today.

proxy.php

Tried the white one again. Today it performed better...
I'm starting to feel that I'll have to pull the trigger on this one!

Mind you, Yaqi are on holiday till October 9th. So I'll wait and try out the red one, which I'm hoping will arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. The 9th will be my "pull the trigger" "or not" day.

I'm late to this thread, but the black one looks exactly like my ShaveRevolution Evolution brush that I bought in 2015. They were the latest and greatest then. It's the one synth that I've kept.

IMG_6069.jpg

I'm starting to feel that I'll have to pull the trigger on this one!

Mind you, Yaqi are on holiday till October 9th. So I'll wait and try out the red one, which I'm hoping will arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. The 9th will be my "pull the trigger" "or not" day.
So did it come??

So did it come??
Yay! It's arrived. :001_smile

Here it is beside my much loved Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino:
upload_2017-10-3_14-49-7.png

My first thought was "sheesh, that's way too big for me." But I gave it its obligatory shampoo, then did a test palm lather. I have to say it feels great, so I'm really looking forward to my shave this evening.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yay! It's arrived. :001_smile

Here it is beside my much loved Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino:
View attachment 825976

My first thought was "sheesh, that's way too big for me." But I gave it its obligatory shampoo, then did a test palm lather. I have to say it feels great, so I'm really looking forward to my shave this evening.

Holy crap thats either a big brush or the Omega is small. I'll need to look it up. lol

Omega 10086:
Knot: 18mm
Handle: 46mm
Loft: 42mm
Total Height: 88mm

Makes more sense now lol.

I think thats the same one I've been eyeing up with a 26mm knot so I'll be interested to hear what you think of it, especially compared to a boar brush.

Can’t wait to hear your opinion...
Well, here we go.

I'll give you a little of my "brush history" so you know where I'm coming from.

I started with a cheap Chinese no-name badger which was very floppy, I didn't like it much (PIFd a long time ago). Next I moved on to a Kent Infinity Silvertex; a great little brush with bags of backbone. I'd probably have stuck with the Kent but I simply don't like the look of it. Next move was to an Omega S-Brush which I like a lot. Then on to Omega boars which I also like. Following several more similar brushes I purchased an Omega Hi-Brush, for me that was the pits. I'd never understood why people mangaged to fling lather all over the bathroom (and get it on their ears, nose, and lips too) until I dallied with the Hi-Brush, and I found it unpleasantly prickly too (it's currently living in the PIF box). The last purchase prior to my Yaqi was the Omega 11047 Mixed Midget (50/50 badger/boar) which I like very much (and gets better with use as per most brushes with boar bristles).

As I mentioned earlier I like small brushes so I thought the red Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo might be too big for me.

FIRST SHAVE
Excellent! The tips are silky smooth and it has good backbone. I was surprised (given its size) at how accurate I could be with my face lathering, nearly as accurate as with my tiny "Bigger Bambino." And one thing that surprised me was the smoothness of the painted finish, normally I get the "ploughed field" texture. Being a "slick'n'thin" devotee this is wonderful. I can get the really thin layer I like, but with no little bits of face showing through.

In summary, the first shave was a big success. Thank you for this thread Iwan. :thumbup1:

OTHER STUFF
Having tried out the red 24mm tuxedo, I looked up the 22mm/45mm white brush again. I know Yaqi are on holiday this week, but there were only 15 pieces left... so I've ordered it.
That'll be another little Christmas for me in about three weeks. :punk:

Great! I'm glad you like the brush. :biggrin1:

So now the white 22mm eh? I hope you like that one. I'm not too sure about that one myself.
Guess I'll use it again tomorrow, just to see if I get to like it

How do they taste?!

I kid. Got one of mine last week (tastes fine) but I'm waiting for the other to arrive before I snap any photos. Also, I haven't had a chance to try 'em out and I'd like to have something to say about them. Major thanks again to iwan076. I'm a sucker for a deal!

Major thanks again to iwan076. I'm a sucker for a deal!
It’s iwan076 - 3. Hahaha.
But you’re welcome.

You got the red marble right?
Wish I ordered that one.

I’ve got the one with the black marble handle. This might be my favorite brush at the moment

It’s iwan076 - 3. Hahaha.
But you’re welcome.

You got the red marble right?
Wish I ordered that one.

I’ve got the one with the black marble handle. This might be my favorite brush at the moment
Oh how funny... I don't know how I mistyped that! Yeah, it's a good lookin' brush (the marbled red). They have several interesting brushes. I'm considering the $21 silvertip but it's not my favorite handle. These things add so much value to my closet of crap haha. I
Love to buy up all the cheap stuff and end up with little treasures like these :001_cool:

Has anyone used the 28mm white synthetic with the watermelon handle? It looks like the cashmere from apshaveco just bigger.
Smurf

Top Bottom