What's new

Pajamas

I have been watching quite a few movies lately on TCM and I have noticed that all the men seem to be wearing pajamas. I myself wore them as a child but have not as an adult and I really don't know why. Just got me thinking about them. I was just wondering if any of you gentlemen wear pajamas and if so why? No real reason just curiosity.

I have a feeling it was probably more to do with also not showing a couple sharing a bed in that time too.
Then again, wearing pyjamas also means cleaner sheets.

I stick with boxers.

Also, I'm afraid to see what this thread will reveal.

I wear pajama pants, no shirt. Don't know why...just been that way since I stopped sleeping, uh, without the pants about 6 years ago.

I think PJ's in shows/movies probably has more to do with modesty than fashion. However, PJ's are sold in all the stores and somebody's got to be buying them. Personally I've never owned any as an adult and don't think I will. I'm not even into the "lounge pants" that they sell in stores. But I live in a hot climate with a very mild winter. If I lived in the north, I'd probably wear flannel PJ's in winter for the warmth if nothing else.

In winter I wear pj pants with a t-shirt, in summer only a t-shirt with boxer, or only the boxer if it's even warmer.

I change before I go to bed to lighter apparel (t-shirt and loose pants) just in case I need to take action in the middle of the night. Not that we live in a bad neighborhood, we actually live on the 'good side of town', but still... I don't like the idea of scrambling around in my underwear should someone unexpectedly show up in the middle of the night.

I also sleep on top of the covers... otherwise I feel restricted.

M

modern man

I do.

Just not the TCM style. More like Joe Boxer style.

White t shirt with oddball pants (Family Guy, Simpsons, King of the Hill, Batman etc.)

Just my boxers. I tried PJ's once but they are just too restrictive and get all bunched up. Unlike Zook I figure if something happens in the middle of the night my unsightly body will scare away any unsuspecting visitors.

I only wear them when I have the flu and have to stay in bed. Under 'normal' circumstances, I find them too hot and sweaty, even in winter.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I used to wear a night shirt. It was kind of like wearing a t-shirt, but if I had to get up in the middle of the night I was already clad in calf length clothing. It worked out well when my son was in the infant/toddler stage.

However, the new and improved Mrs. Oldsaw doesn't allow such encumbrances in the bed. I try to keep her happy, so I don't argue about it and the night shirts are now hanging on a hook at the cottage.

Top Bottom