What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

June 1.

proxy.php

Yours too?

Toby, big congrats! I had not realised you were posting your score!

I've got the same set yet in worse conditio0n than yours... this one looks awesome!:thumbup1:

Yours too?

I got those images from ebay sold listings, just to show some recent ones that you could have had. I don't see any in their current listings, but you should check every couple of days if you're looking to buy. Good hunting my friend! :thumbup:

Very nice!:thumbup1:

I saw what blades you use....:laugh:

It's a Keen Razor Hone. :tongue_sm

Thought I was buying an ABC Shell case in fair shape rotten lining (have spare one). Terrible pics but noticed what looked like scratched or dinged engraving area. Was not scratches after all. Wonderful surprise!!!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Posting in the main so everyone can try to figure out what the symbol means. I think it is a jeweler logo of some kind. Very cool. Will be polishing this one.

Thought I was buying an ABC Shell case in fair shape rotten lining (have spare one). Terrible pics but noticed what looked like scratched or dinged engraving area. Was not scratches after all. Wonderful surprise!!!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Posting in the main so everyone can try to figure out what the symbol means. I think it is a jeweler logo of some kind. Very cool. Will be polishing this one.

Got the gold ring.

Golden ring.

Arm amputations.

Wedding gift.

What I find interesting is the sleeve, almost like a harlequin.

Feeding the image to Google Image Search is no help. The first time it decided that it recognized "Iron". After a bit of image tweaking, I tried again and it came up with "Hand".

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's definitely a family crest. From what family I do not know. After s little searching I found 2 similar but not identical.
One is family Meyssel
proxy.php

And the other family, a little more famous(or infamous I should say), but again it's not the same.
Family Görring
proxy.php

Maybe it has to do with the phrase "catch the brass ring". I read on wikipedia, the term started in the 19th century. It means to live life to the fullest or to reach for the highest prize.

$image.jpg

Found a schick krona I'm guessing out in the wild. Picked it up and cleaned it up. Seems shave ready so we will see. No idea how to date this razor though it does have some numbers on the bottom.

Top Bottom