What's new

Long Lasting scents

Have you try a magic trick call 'Hack Fragrance' and use Vaseline as petroleum jelly why? Rub Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your fragrance to make the scent last longer, or spray your fragrance right after taking a shower and before getting dressed.

Don't believe me look it up :thumbup1:

Have you try a magic trick call 'Hack Fragrance' and use Vaseline as petroleum jelly why? Rub Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your fragrance to make the scent last longer, or spray your fragrance right after taking a shower and before getting dressed.

Don't believe me look it up :thumbup1:
Hmmm, interesting idea. I shall try that.

have you ever tried any of the aramis fragrances ?:thumbup1:

I have a recent bottle of the Aramis lead moniker. I've only worked with it one day, and at that a couple of weeks ago. I fear even those impressions are lost to the winds now. I will go back though. I'd heard very good things and it certainly didn't cause a reject the day I wore it. (I would have remembered at least that much!) Thanks Liam-smith!

It seemed to have made it last another two hours so it works. Thanks @SpeedyPC

@mkpunk which one have you've tried the vaseline or right after taking a shower and before getting dressed, because I want to know from you're feedback review from you're side of the story because everybody is different.

IF you're using vaseline you only need a thin layer not too much, I only apply a thin layer of vaseline on my chest area and down near my belly button and carefully spray the fragrance around those areas. Mine could last up to at least 6 hours top and keep in mind the fragrance stay very close to the body up to more than 6 hours, mine can reach up too at least 10 hours in total so far so just bare in mind everybody is different some do last longer and some don't last longer.

Cheers. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
@mkpunk which one have you've tried the vaseline or right after taking a shower and before getting dressed, because I want to know from you're feedback review from you're side of the story because everybody is different.

IF you're using vaseline you only need a thin layer not too much, I only apply a thin layer of vaseline on my chest area and down near my belly button and carefully spray the fragrance around those areas. Mine could last up to at least 6 hours top and keep in mind the fragrance stay very close to the body up to more than 6 hours, mine can reach up too at least 10 hours in total so far so just bare in mind everybody is different some do last longer and some don't last longer.

Cheers. :thumbup1:

The former, the latter I've always done (well after shaving and that.) I put a small amount of petroleum jelly on the pressure points (wrists, elbows, neck, forehead) as that is the method of cologne and it takes colognes that last 4 hours into damn near beasts.

I bought my bottle of Joop Homme EDT and Joop Homme Aftershave splash about 14 years ago.

Used as a cologne, the aftershave splash lasts about 2 days.

I once timed how long the Joop Homme EDT that was still strongly emanating my shirt after a day's wear would last. 12 days later it was still putting out enough scent to fill my bedroom up, by which time I had had enough and threw the shirt into the washing machine.

The next longest lasting scent I own is Annick Goutal's Sables. It lasts four days on me, though more as a strong skin scent.
Regards,
Renato

the cartier's tend to have good lasting power....i especially like declaration soir ( much better than the normal declaration). The angel men flankers have great staying power as well especially the pure malt and ultra zest.

GFT Sandalwood Cologne LASTS! And it projects too. It's quite a linear Sandalwood, but I like it and wear it when the time's right (it's probably not an day-time office fragrance, but I love wearing it with a suit in the evening)

Liam-Smith - Pianud is about as good as any of the other cheaper AS. Polo Green is just what Bhugo replied. But it's really strong. Too strong for my taste. I remember back in the day, men would wear it even in the summer which is a no-no in my opinion. I thought the summer heat made the scent much stronger.

My two recommendations for long lasting...
Prada Amber
Zirh Ikon
Also, if you Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels gets a nod from me too.

Top Bottom