What's new

Long Lasting scents

Hey everyone... so thought i would do a thread on long lasting scents.

I am mad about fragrances ! and one thing i don't like.... is when you spray something and it tends to wear off ten minutes later.:mad3:... so i thought i would do a recommendation on experience of fragrances that i highly reccomend.

and i would also like to hear your views .... if you know of any that i haven't added... please pop them below...

• Pall Mall Barbers sandalwood and clove fragrance, this is my fav right now... they have other shaving products on offer also that work amazingly.... if you like the smell of this fragrance you will like the smell of the rest of there range - check it out http://www.pallmallbarbers.com/shop/cologne-for-men/
  • Terre d'hermes eau de toilette - one of my old time favs!
  • Jean paul gaultier.... i find all there fragrances tend to last a while... and it has a rather classic smell.
  • if you are looking for something more musky... perhaps the classic davidoff cool water.
  • Or the brand new davidoff horizon which is also really nice.
  • ferrari man in red.. seems like a bit of a copy of the Paco rabanne mens one million.... but just not as sweet - and not as pricey
  • Chanel mens Egoiste ( Platinum) i would recommend the Chanel Bleu but unfortunately as much as i love the smell..... it don't seem to last longer then a couple of hours :thumbdown and for the price... its not worth it :bored:
  • Dior Homme mens intense parfum.... love this smell.

when i think of some more i will update :) but let me know your thoughts and favs... and ones you dislike :)

I think a lot may depend upon how you apply the frag and what you wear. I apply to my abdomen and chest, mostly, and I always wear a tee shirt, which absorbs some of the juice. The shirt will keep lasting and lasting, almost regardless of the frag.

That said, vintage Polo green is a beast, no doubt!

hmmm see i think it also depends on the fragrance .... but i usually apply onto the fabric also ...but i just find some fragrances are just not made to last .... but adding to the list is the xerus rouge by givenchy which is another amazing fragrance but its hard to get these days ....

Have you tried the EDP version of Bleu de Chanel? Lasts all day, and lingers for 24hrs on me. Perhaps your longevity issues were with the EDT version.

perhaps it just could be with the EDT.... i shall have to try the parfum ... parfums always last longer :) and the price is usually increased haha !

Guerlainade products, Habit Rouge as a very good example; layer EdT with EdP (specifically applied to pulse points), and layer both of these between clothing to extend the top and mid notes. Subtle repeat applications as you come closer to your evening activities. Single chord products are good for background day to day. But there is something oh-so-very enjoyable about a product crafted to surprise you with different highlights through dry down and after touch ups as you enjoy the day.

Last edited:
A*Men, most Paco Rabanne's especially 1million and Invictus and also I would say Polo Red can be too. Polo Green I personally hate the smell of, it smells like wet grass.

A little goes a long way with these - Tabac Original, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, Jovan Musk Oil, Brut(especially the European one), Agua Brava and Varon Dandy

You can get almost 24 hours out of many Montale perfumes. Try highly rated Black Aoud.
But my all time favorite long lasting scent is Carnal Flower closely followed by Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle

The longest lasting scents from my modest (and inexpensive) collection are:

Versace Dreamer
Royal Copenhagen For Men
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
Poco Rabanne For Men
Antonio Puig Quorum
Azzaro pour Homme

Top Bottom