What's new

Hot sauce junkie

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just had beef enchiladas with my unpatented Big O's Hot Stuff- I have a good sweat going on, and I am breathing free. No snoring tonight

on edit- I had some on my finger and scratched my eye- that was a mistake

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Not exactly a hot sauce but I picked up a couple of Chili Relish today. Both very nice with great flavour.

$20150208_133644.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
yes they are tomato based. Both say 61% fruit & vegies. They list almost the same ingredients but don't say what the spice is.

Sweet Chili Relish: Tomato, apple, capsicum, dates, chili, sugar, soya sauce, ginger, molasses, vinegar, garlic, salt & spice

Hot Chili Relish: Tomato, apple, capsicum, dates, chili (cayenne & habanero), sugar, lemon juice soya sauce, ginger, molasses, vinegar, garlic, salt & spice

Last edited:
I have probably 30 different hot sauces in my cabinet. Yes, I have dedicated an entire kitchen cabinet shelf to hot sauces.

But I find myself always heading towards the same usual suspects over and over, depending on what I am using the for, because they have the best mix of heat and flavor. Too many sauces try too hard to be the hottest without consideration of whether you cab actually TASTE them. )Sauces in bold are my absolute favorite "desert island" sauces.)

Mild and "mundane" -- Franks, Tabasco, Sriracha, "Start" Indian Curry Sauce (if you haven't seen tried this, search it on Amazon, it's awesome!)
Medium -- El Yucataco Green and Red Habenero. Magma, Yucutan Sunshine
Hot -- Daves Insanity, Orange Krush, Melinda's XXX
Stupid Hot - Endorphin Rush, Category 5, Blair's Death Sauce.

Then there's a couple I have that I'm afraid to even open: Satan's Blood and Mad Dog's Revenge (800,000 and 1 million Scoville units respectively)

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hey Chris, we need to induct Owen and Jim into the "Hot Sauce Peppers Head Club." They are both as crazy and loaded with sauce as we are.LOL....

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hey Chris, we need to induct Owen and Jim into the "Hot Sauce Peppers Head Club." They are both as crazy and loaded with sauce as we are.LOL....
I don't have a lot, and really don't think i can go as hot as you guys. Although, once, I took a teaspoon of Blairs Sudden Death on a dare.

Top Bottom