What's new

April 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received the Weber PH with Bulldog, to go with the Whipped Dog 24/48 with Silvertip...

$WeberPHBulldogandWDSilvertip_zpsf9c9da91.jpg

Just picked up a Weck OC DE razor. Never heard of these before, but for the asking price, I couldn't pass.

Plating is in great shape, handle is aluminum. Looks like it should all clean up nicely. Still has an old Solingen blade in it, with some minor rust.

Anyone know anything about these? It's stamped Made in Germany, and that's about it.

After doing some further investigation, I think I've got a Weck head with a mis-matched handle (did they make an aluminum ball-end Gillette?). Seems Weck is/was affiliated with Merkur, and everything I've found leads me to believe that the original handle would have been chrome plated like the head, and would have had the Merkur logo on the end of the handle.

Still looking forward to cleaning it up, and taking it for a shave.

Finally managed to cool it on the software, but the hardware is another thing:

Brush

*EverReady 100 in red, purchased to restore.

Razor

*Feather AS-D2

Over the last week i found a few things at antique shops, all at better than normal prices. It was an exciting week of discovery and acquisition, and It was great. The only thing that i'm not certain as to what it is is the upper right double edge, and my guess is that it's a super speed.

$20131114_205858.jpg$20140501_225907.jpg$20140501_230214.jpg$20140501_230640.jpg$20140501_230818.jpg

Though I think that the most unsuspected find of the day was at the very last stop of today. As i was looking in a case right inside the door full of razors, both DE and straight, brushes and all the interesting shaving gear a person could want. Before looking everything through I asked the owner to open it up. As took out the items that i wanted to look at is when i finally saw it...

$20140501_230349.jpg

She is a beauty, and came as quite the surprise. i'm not sure if i was more excited to find a Puma, or this.

Attachments

• $20140501_230349.jpg
    $20140501_230349.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 179
I found another Old Spice mug, an Avon knight chess piece decanter, and a perfect lathering bowl during my antiquing trips this month. Here's a pic of the bowl.

$PotteryBowl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom