What's new

The lkon thread

I don't even have an Ikon and I'm very interested it would be nice if someone is able to give confirmation one way or another.

Should more of us email Ikon and ask about this? Perhaps they will respond if they realize it's not just a "1 person issue". ???
Just a thought.

Should more of us email Ikon and ask about this? Perhaps they will respond if they realize it's not just a "1 person issue". ???
Just a thought.

I've had all conversations with Greg at Ikon I need.

I don't think there is any way to make him answer to any questions he doesn't wish to answer.

Thanks for the input guys -- I currently have a couple vintage fat boys and super speed red tip and a couple straights in my rotation but – kinda need a slant bar I think – I don’t have a merkur yet so maybe its time to start there

I don't know if its OK to say this but I'll take a shot Greg Kahn is not the nicest person to do business with so it does not surprise me that he is ignoring your concerns. So many other vendors in the world of wet shaving are such good people and always a pleasure to deal with. Stan at ATT or Phil from Bull Goose to name a couple. I dont care how good or bad Ikon razors are he will never get one penny of my business again.

I also have all three, and prefer the Merkurs. I think the Ikon is much more finicky, less forgiving about blade angle. No danger of any type, it's just much less effective if the angle isn't right

And here I am thinking of buying a Ikon. I won't be buying one if Greg can't answer the question.
My 2 cents:

I very much enjoy my Ikon base plates. They are a part of my razor system the Ilmarinen ( http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/355024-Stainless-replated-in-black-chrome ). If I were to construct a razor system today on the same level of comfort and workmanship I would aim at the ATT.

This decision is based partly on the fact that ATT has the money back guarantee (you have to try the different parts when your technique is ripe for it) and partly on the fact that Greg won't answer any of my mails.

Last edited:
Cool -- Good point - I have herd the same -- I want to like it so bad - the Ikon that is but maybe they need to work it out for the $$ they want for it

What are you looking for in your next razor? If you're looking for a really efficient shaver but just don't know whether you're ready, I would say to go ahead and get the 37C and see if you like it. It is quite a bit less expensive than the Ikon and is a really efficient implement. If you don't like it you can easily get rid of it on the BS&T and not be out that much money. If you do like it then you can put the Ikon on your wish list and get another slant bar.

My view on razors is like my view on guns; you can't have too many!:biggrin1:
+1 but, beware the guy who only owns one handgun. He probably knows hoe to use it.

Cool -- Good point - I have herd the same -- I want to like it so bad - the Ikon that is but maybe they need to work it out for the $$ they want for it
You know there is a Traveling Slant thread in this sub-forum. I don't know any of the details but if you've got time to wait for it to come around to you you might want to see if you want to get in on it and give the Merkur a try before you buy.

Just a thought.

I guess that's true, I haven't received any responses.

Bummer. Certainly not how I'd run a business. I don't think this will win Ikon many bonus points down the road. What's that saying? Oh yea. "It's the captain's ship to sink." :001_smile
Hopefully Ikon will get around to answering you eventually, but I guess I wouldn't hold my breath, based on what we've seen so far. It's a shame because the products seem to be top notch. (aside from this crazy top cap issue)

wow. And as expensive add these razors are, finding out how terrible the customer service seems to be leads me to a place that ensures I will not be buying one. I just finished dealing with a horrible customer service experience with something not shaving related and after that I will gladly buy a product that has better customer service backing versus one that has a reputation of being a big name

Taken From the Ikon Facebook today 18.02.2014

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

it would appear there is someone from Ikon keeping an on people's picture, the first has the B&B signature and must belong copyright of someone here.

edit: I have just followed the link from a few posts up and can see they belong to Bosseb

Last edited:
Top Bottom