What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Here's my last day wearing my Seiko 5. I've only had it for less than a month and it hasn't really grown on me. I just realized that this morning. I need a Seiko upgrade........maybe it's time for a Monster........

$15.jpg

Here's my last day wearing my Seiko 5. I've only had it for less than a month and it hasn't really grown on me. I just realized that this morning. I need a Seiko upgrade........maybe it's time for a Monster........

View attachment 300543

I have the same Seiko 5, but with the stock black nylon strap. My first watch in many years, and I'm liking it a lot.

I guess YWMV -- your wattage may vary!

I have the same Seiko 5, but with the stock black nylon strap. My first watch in many years, and I'm liking it a lot.

I guess YWMV -- your wattage may vary!

It's the blue dial one with a Hadley Roma strap. Kind of has a matte finish to it. I'm happy with the movement and think it's a great watch but it's much smaller than I thought and I figured that I can sell this one and just save up for a Black Monster. I avoided the Monsters for a while but they've started to grow on me. The criteria for keeping a watch (or razor) is simple, I really have to enjoy it each time I use/wear it. This one's not fitting the bill.

I only have 2 watches I wear...

At work, the cheapest fob-watch I can find (have to be "below the elbow")

Otherwise a Traser that was my dad's watch before he died. I coveted that watch from when he got it so my sisters let me have it after his death - kind of my connection to him.

Does anyone here have a G-shock Frogman?

I cannot explain my recent fascination with G-shocks, although I I've owned one for many years (just one) after I bought another after Christmas I find myself wanting more....

I'd like to see some pics of a Frogman and hear owners imrpessions.

Is it back from service? It looks beautiful! Congrats on getting a birth year and scoring it at that!

Yes it took awhile to get the set bridge, and then one other part not sure the name. I think I can quit looking for watches. I was looking for a watch like this, I have small wrists and don't like the bigger faces, finding this and in my birth year means I can now stop, like that is ever going to happen.

View attachment 300543
I have a monster which I enjoy, but your watch is also one my favorites. Maybe you need a monster and/or should consider playing around with different straps on your #5...either way I think you will be winner! Cheers.
proxy.php

View attachment 300543

This one (black dial, brown strap with white stitching) is actually my most frequently worn watch, I like the flieger style dial very much and I have relatively thin wrists so it fits very well for me. My rotation also has an Orange Monster and an Orient Blue Mako for when I need variation :)

Same Mido Multifort, this time off the bracelet and on a very nice Rios plain black strap (Germans know straps, brushes, watches, cars, etc)

proxy.php

Top Bottom