What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Decided on Yachtmaster today. It is a file photo but I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt so I guess it could be live.
View attachment 299292

Honestly, that watch looked so cheezy when I first saw your initial pic. I saw it at my local ad... and wasn't real enthused. Then it started growing on me, more and more. I think there may be one in my future should this continue. Really a unique, polarizing piece.

Honestly, that watch looked so cheezy when I first saw your initial pic. I saw it at my local ad... and wasn't real enthused. Then it started growing on me, more and more. I think there may be one in my future should this continue. Really a unique, polarizing piece.

That's okay. I've been buying GOs and a few others from my AD for a while now. He is a big Rolex dealer and always tried to sway me to Rolex. I had a deep rooted dislike for the brand, something about passing yourself off as super exlusive and making 3000 watches a day. I always remember the slogan about it taking a year to make a Rolex but a lifetime to earn one, ya maybe from the time the ore comes out of the ground I would mutter under my breathe. That all changed when I saw press photos from Basel 2012, and a new blue dial on the Yachtmaster. I told my AD I wanted to be the first to see it. When it came in early November I had to have it, and since then I've picked up a GMT II as well.

I still think Rolex over sell their exclusivity but they sure do make a great watch.

I'm a bit of a watch geek. Today I've got my Seiko Marinemaster 300 on (my goto weekend wearer, usually on a new isofrane.
A massively underrated diver. On my short list should I ever "make it". I understand they make a larger one, which would better fit my wrist (8-1/4"). Wear it in good health!

My lady and I are spending the weekend on Catalina Island off the coast of S. Cali. My Tissot came along for the trip.

$WOTD.jpg

A massively underrated diver. On my short list should I ever "make it". I understand they make a larger one, which would better fit my wrist (8-1/4"). Wear it in good health!

Thanks Chief - you're right they do fly under the radar. People who notice watches (not all that many people !) will sort of see it and double take it a few times. Quite a lot will then ask to look at it closely and most of them kind of say 'Oh...a Seiko' :D I like that (that it doesn't stand out as a brand but the quality is right there).

As far as size goes this (SBDX001) is 44mm without crown and 14.6mm thick. They make the 'Tuna' Divers that come up to about 50mm and then there's the Prospex Spring Drive SBDB001 at 45mm. What I would say is the MM300 is a watch you need to try in person. I have fairly large wrists (about 7.5 inches) and its great either on bracelet or rubber. It's chunky yes, but also compact, and the size is what gives it its versatility. On the rubber its pure 'tool' watch, on the bracelet it will go most places you want to go.

Anyway cheers ! Now that the yen has come down so hard against the Dollar these puppies are getting more and more affordable :D I hope yours is in your near future.

Nice MM300 Coler. I was seriously considering one, but the PO beat it by a nose.

Ben

Oh Man it was such a tough decision between the MM and the PO. I love both equally in all material respects. They both represent a ton of watch for the money and are truly timeless. I don't quite know what pulled me to the MM in the end - possibly that it was a bit more of a sleeper - but I could have been very, very happy with your PO. Just looks so nice - enjoy it in great health.

Top Bottom