What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

LOLZ I am 48 silly! will be 49 in October

What? I thought you was 27

We will wait only for you though:001_wub:

Aww that is sweet $arielembarrased.gif

I got my Fatip today. Loaded it with a Gillette Yellow, lathered up some Arko, and went 3 passes, no touchups needed. I like it!
I ended up with the nickel version which is what I wanted. I'm expecting this shave to feel great for a long time, because when I slapped on the Barbasol Pacific Rush it lived up to its' name! Yessir, it feels great!

Love love love your brush!

All I gotta say is I am absolutely loving my FaTip. I shaved with it last night and paired it up with my UFO handle and the results were amazing. The hefty handle will take some getting used to. It is like driving from a Ford 150 to a Ford 350 but in a good way. I wish I can shave tonight but I am still super smooth.:thumbup:View attachment 259005

WARHAWK

I got my Fatip today. Loaded it with a Gillette Yellow, lathered up some Arko, and went 3 passes, no touchups needed. I like it!
I ended up with the nickel version which is what I wanted. I'm expecting this shave to feel great for a long time, because when I slapped on the Barbasol Pacific Rush it lived up to its' name! Yessir, it feels great!
Great, so you are officailly a Fatip/Joris lover... here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...eviews-and-pics-thread!?p=4298459#post4298459

*Excellent process.

... but, no it was to soft, so I used a drill ...

View attachment 258985

*Beautiful handle.

All I gotta say is I am absolutely loving my FaTip. I shaved with it last night and paired it up with my UFO handle and the results were amazing. The hefty handle will take some getting used to. It is like driving from a Ford 150 to a Ford 350 but in a good way. I wish I can shave tonight but I am still super smooth.:thumbup:View attachment 259005

WARHAWK

This thread is EPIC. In less than 4 months it's generated 340 pages, over 6,700 replies and 115k views. Is that an interweb record???

Now, having spent far too much time looking at this thread, I am wondering - does my iKon S3S Bamboo qualify me for membership of BOTOC?

This thread makes one-stop viewing almost possible on the B&B, espl'y if you add the LOSER thread! That said....

No, I was not joking, a very good Silvertip or brush will exfoliate the skin as it lathers. Those look sooo cool, I would buy one. I use Muele Synthetic fibers right now. They lather like crazy.

.... do you know how the Muele compares to the Jack Black syn? The JB is highly rated but pricey. Eventually... .... a synthetic is coming!

This thread makes one-stop viewing almost possible on the B&B, espl'y if you add the LOSER thread! That said....

true that

.... do you know how the Muele compares to the Jack Black syn? The JB is highly rated but pricey. Eventually... .... a synthetic is coming!
Muele is always working on new projects. They have a newer improved line up of synthetics that blow away any Silvertip brush in function. I dont know much about other brands though.

WARHAWK

That looks awesome Mel. So the extra heft and girth of the handle changed the dynamic of the way the FaTip plowed down your whiskers? I cannot get over how nice these UFO handles look. Maybe a US distributor can make an arrangement to bring in larger quantities to offset the cost of shipping (hint hint Phil if you are reading).

This is a question that I've battled with since college: Is it cheating if I tell you beforehand?

I was PIF'd a straight razor, and I'm about to go take on the challenge now. It will be for the cheeks only, to start, and finished off with my FaTip. If you don't hear from me for a couple days, it will be safe to assume either I slipped and sliced my jugular, or major damage was done to my mug.

This is a question that I've battled with since college: Is it cheating if I tell you beforehand?

I was PIF'd a straight razor, and I'm about to go take on the challenge now. It will be for the cheeks only, to start, and finished off with my FaTip. If you don't hear from me for a couple days, it will be safe to assume either I slipped and sliced my jugular, or major damage was done to my mug.

A little over an hour later, and I still have my face. FaTip to the rescue! This will be a process obviously...

Sorry I have been out for a few days. Been working OT and my wedding is now two weeks from Saturday. Been a little tied up.

Either way, I had a moment of weakness and cheated on my Tradere last weekend while I was out of town for a wedding. I felt kinda lazy but it was kinda nice too because I barely had to pay attention shaving with my R89. I went back to the Tradere when I got home though and have had two really good shaves this week. Been sticking with the Gillette Dark Blues and seems to be working well. Going to try a Personna Med next. They performed very similar to Astras in my R89, so I am optimistic for them in the Tradere.

BTW, been working thru some samples of Mike's Natural soaps......great stuff.

Sorry I have been out for a few days. Been working OT and my wedding is now two weeks from Saturday. Been a little tied up.

Either way, I had a moment of weakness and cheated on my Tradere last weekend while I was out of town for a wedding. I felt kinda lazy but it was kinda nice too because I barely had to pay attention shaving with my R89. I went back to the Tradere when I got home though and have had two really good shaves this week. Been sticking with the Gillette Dark Blues and seems to be working well. Going to try a Personna Med next. They performed very similar to Astras in my R89, so I am optimistic for them in the Tradere.

Apologies accepted, Good luck with the wedding. If i were you i would stick to a blade for a while to let your face adjust to it. Switching up constantly may not give you the best results.

Why are you doing this experiment with 2 different razors. The design of each require a whole new set of learning variables that require time and adjustment.

Apologies accepted, Good luck with the wedding. If i were you i would stick to a blade for a while to let your face adjust to it. Switching up constantly may not give you the best results.

I know you are right, but I am stubborn and usually learn the hard way. I tried my beloved Astra SP's the first few shaves and I was a little confused. The first shave with a brand new blade was golden. Second shave with same blade was not so great. First shave with the Gillette DB was good, second was good too. I am pretty sure it just has to do with me getting used to the proper technique with a new razor, but is it?

*Go easy with the straight, but do not fear it as they are just another razor on the cheeks and need practice. i would love to continue to use mine, but they take so much time with my coarse beard and i get similar and better results with my DEs.

A little over an hour later, and I still have my face. FaTip to the rescue! This will be a process obviously...

*Ryan, good luck with the wedding and there is no such thing as cheating with razors. You are providing love to each of them and they need to ALL be used. Enjoy the big day, sir.

I am the proud new owner of a Gillette Long Comb NEW! Won it off Ebay for $29.50 shipped. Not sure if thats a good price or not, but it seem so to me. Now after the FaTip gets here I have another razor I can impatiently wait on!.:thumbup:

Attachments

• $$T2eC16ZHJHQE9nzEy85kBP+3n-qs1g~~60_12.jpg
    $$T2eC16ZHJHQE9nzEy85kBP+3n-qs1g~~60_12.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 62
  • $$T2eC16FHJHEE9ny2pwkgBP+3oUYWk!~~60_12.jpg
    $$T2eC16FHJHEE9ny2pwkgBP+3oUYWk!~~60_12.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom