What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

I love the Superspeed shaves, very mild yet effective powerhouses...Also the M is great, I had M and a G type, they are like mini Superspeeds in shave results.
Yup. And there's also Slim Adjustable and Lord L6. I haven't shaved with them once after I received the NEW.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I read her @ the BOTOC family, that a lot of my brothers likes heavy handles. So here is the story.
ONE of my favorite razors is a Tech with a fat handle (shhhh ... don't tell this to "bluesbishop").
I like it's handle very much, I think it is a piece of art. I actually use it for testing blades. The only thing wrong with this razor is the weight, only 50,6 grams.
This is far from enough since I've got my iKon bulldog handle and since a Tradere too, but they just don't fit into the Tech design, I think.
I ordered some tungsten (this kind, which fishermen use). I received it today and just couldn't wait.
I grabbed my Tech, took the handle off, made some thin "worms" out the tungsten and pushed them inside the handle with drill for metal.
I filled the handle about 2/3 of the space inside. 20 grams of tungsten disappeared in the hole.
So, now, I have a monster edition of a Tech (70,6 grams) with a beautiful handle and a weight, that makes it feel really cool in my hand.

I really recommend the procedure.

Happy "monstering" your handles, brothers and sisters.

Great idea! I know that this is the BOTOC thread but I would like to see pictures of your Fat Handle Tech (I promise I won't tell bluebishop you posted them). :innocent:

I read her @ the BOTOC family, that a lot of my brothers likes heavy handles. So here is the story.
ONE of my favorite razors is a Tech with a fat handle (shhhh ... don't tell this to "bluesbishop").
I like it's handle very much, I think it is a piece of art. I actually use it for testing blades. The only thing wrong with this razor is the weight, only 50,6 grams.
This is far from enough since I've got my iKon bulldog handle and since a Tradere too, but they just don't fit into the Tech design, I think.
I ordered some tungsten (this kind, which fishermen use). I received it today and just couldn't wait.
I grabbed my Tech, took the handle off, made some thin "worms" out the tungsten and pushed them inside the handle with drill for metal.
I filled the handle about 2/3 of the space inside. 20 grams of tungsten disappeared in the hole.
So, now, I have a monster edition of a Tech (70,6 grams) with a beautiful handle and a weight, that makes it feel really cool in my hand.

I really recommend the procedure.

Happy "monstering" your handles, brothers and sisters.
Any pics of this Monstrous procedure?

We wait for nobody

I'm in worse shape than Mooshi - as in hopelessly behind. Nonetheless, here are the long overdue photos of the new LC New (and the '53 Rolls and my rotation, just for kicks.) I won't even tell you how long it takes me to - 1. load pics into PC, 2. upload to B&B and 3. attach to post. Whewwww!!!! But I understand that "it didn't happen if there aren't any pics!!! I guess practice makes perfect, or better anyway. Enjoy!!!

full

full

full

Only thing missing is my fist brush, the Omega Stripey Pure Badger. And of course the soap/cream/lotion pics - which haven't been shot yet. Not bad for point and shoot technique, eh? Oh, and I love the LC New of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice collection you have going there~I really love the look of that third brush!

I'm in worse shape than Mooshi - as in hopelessly behind. Nonetheless, here are the long overdue photos of the new LC New (and the '53 Rolls and my rotation, just for kicks.) I won't even tell you how long it takes me to - 1. load pics into PC, 2. upload to B&B and 3. attach to post. Whewwww!!!! But I understand that "it didn't happen if there aren't any pics!!! I guess practice makes perfect, or better anyway. Enjoy!!!

full

full

full

Only thing missing is my fist brush, the Omega Stripey Pure Badger. And of course the soap/cream/lotion pics - which haven't been shot yet. Not bad for point and shoot technique, eh? Oh, and I love the LC New of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea! I know that this is the BOTOC thread but I would like to see pictures of your Fat Handle Tech (I promise I won't tell bluebishop you posted them). :innocent:

I may not be posting a lot right now.... But still keeping up on the iPhone !! I still SEE all!!! :tongue_sm

Im loving those brushes, They look like they can exfoliate very well.

Wow that handle is beautiful! I just may have to look into getting one for one of my sons to try.
Good luck with that...is he a teen?

The handle is what I am attracted to! Beautiful shape and color , you can always replace the knot. You may want to go to TGN to see their selection if you are interested in replacing that one since you are not satisfied with the feel.

Semogue 2015 HD. Not as soft as I like, but great in the hand and built well.

Any pics of this Monstrous procedure?
Actually, I filmed the entire process, but unfortunately, my hands are not quite in focus all the time, so it's not so interesting.
But, I have some useful screenshots from the movie ...

$01.jpg

$02.jpg

$03.jpg

$04.jpg

$05.jpg

I thought, that a pipe cleaner will be useful for the job ...

Im loving those brushes, They look like they can exfoliate very well.

Yes they can. The Vulfix I found a bit scritchy when I first got it but it's grown on me. The Rooney is my 2nd brush after the Omega and it's great! The Thater was really wierd at first with the bulb shape - but it's the softest I own hands down, followed by the Rooney. It has this incredible spine strength! And while tiny the Thater will lather anything, I mean anything! i want to try their fan-shaped. But you were joking about the exfoliation thing, right? Of course......

Last edited:
Top Bottom