What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

I have owned many wheel guns, including S&W, Ruger, Taurus. For most people, a wheel gun is probably be the best choice for a home defense firearm.

Being probably younger than most revolver lovers, I've never owned a full size. I've fired them and really enjoy them- more so than the semi-autos... all I have now is a few 642s, and I prefer them to the Glock 26 easily !
+1 I think the 642/442 is the bee's knees in small firearms.

I will have to get my daughter to take some pics for me....I have two .45s one a ruger vaquero and the other a western marshal....have custom made
belts and two holsters for each with one being for quick draw and the other for cross draw
......I used them both in a couple of western movies that I was in a few years back and they
have been just sitting on a back shelf in my closet since.....they are both great guns that all they do now is collect dust

TThunder - can't wait to see your rigs - I think some of the best looking rigs come from el-paso saldle company - they make some great leather...

I still wish I had bought a little 442 when I worked fo an FFL. Alot of CHPs used to carry them, I have typically been an autloader type of guy but their theory made sense... If your primary weapon, an auto, fails you do you feel comfortable grabbing another auto? I always thought who cares, now that I carry regularly, that 442 as a simple backup to my Ber 92 makes sense. Damn, now I have to go internet window shop a 442 and see what the wife will let me consider buying...

Jay

I still wish I had bought a little 442 when I worked fo an FFL. Alot of CHPs used to carry them, I have typically been an autloader type of guy but their theory made sense... If your primary weapon, an auto, fails you do you feel comfortable grabbing another auto? I always thought who cares, now that I carry regularly, that 442 as a simple backup to my Ber 92 makes sense. Damn, now I have to go internet window shop a 442 and see what the wife will let me consider buying...

Jay

I would but that's because when a wheelgun goes down, it goes down hard. So much more moving parts. Autos are so much less complicated with far fewer moving parts. Autos have malfunctions that the user cannot clear right then and there are few and far between. Of course, all guns have their faults and a 442 as as BUG(backup up gun) is a decent choice.

You conceal a 92? You must be strong :D That's a monster to conceal/carry.

All of my modern guns are Semi-auto, but I shoot Cowboy Action Shooting and for that I use wheel guns. They are a pair of reproduction Camp & Ball 1858 Remingtons in .44cal. I used to have a Colt Reooper in .357 and wish I had never sold it.

I'm a younger fellow, but have recently developed a strong taste for the wheel guns. Here are a few of what I have thus far. A few are sporting leather I made:

6" K38

proxy.php

4" 586 no dash

proxy.php

proxy.php

4" Model 66 no dash

proxy.php

My Ruger, K38, and 1911 posing after a long day at the farm:

proxy.php

And last for now but certainly not least my original Colt Navy:

proxy.php

+1 I think the 642/442 is the bee's knees in small firearms.
although I have a springfield xd the 642 is the gun I grab when things go bump in the night . I caught a 18-19 punk breaking into my car one night , the laser sights that came on the 642 brought him back to reality and kept him respectful and sitting on his hands till police came ( after putting red dot on his chest and moving it down to his groin and explained the groin was where the 1st shot was going if he did anything other than sit on his hands )

Last edited:
You conceal a 92? You must be strong :D That's a monster to conceal/carry.

It really has nothing to do with strength, other than maybe strength of will. With the proper holster, belt, and clothing a full size wheel gun or auto can easily be concealed and carried on a daily basis!! It won't be comfortable at first, but it is comforting and after about a week you won't even feel it!! I regularly conceal a Glock 17 0r Glock 20. A full size 1911 is EASY!

Tom

although I have a springfield xd the 642 is the gun I grab when things go bump in the night . I caught a 18-19 punk breaking into my car one night , the laser sights that came on the 642 brought him back to reality and kept him respectful and sitting on his hands till police came ( after putting red dot on his chest and moving it down to his groin and explained the groin was where the 1st shot was going if he did anything other than sit on his hands )
Like to live dangerously do you :)?

It really has nothing to do with strength, other than maybe strength of will. With the proper holster, belt, and clothing a full size wheel gun or auto can easily be concealed and carried on a daily basis!! It won't be comfortable at first, but it is comforting and after about a week you won't even feel it!! I regularly conceal a Glock 17 0r Glock 20. A full size 1911 is EASY!

Tom

Note the smiley I used. Half serious. I do know that holster selection is everything. I concealed a Glock 17 appendix for 6 months.

It is really great to listen to you all explain on concealment and what youall are packing......
From my experience over the years, I have found that no matter what or how you wear
something......it will most definately be somewhat uncomfortable at first but with a little
time and adjustment here and there , before you reload, it will feel like a sock....its there,
but you never think about it......
Now, I do have some 45s that I would like to show off to youall, but, do to me becoming
a legit senior citizen next month......i do get a little forgetful , so I truthfully need some help....
I have loads of pictures of my weaponery and in a folder,,believe it or not,,,,,but,,,, but,,,,but,,,,'
I don't know how to get them from that folder to here......will someone please take the time
to help me out.....please be kind to ole duke and PM me with instructions on how to get them
from that folder to here......I would really appreciate it and then maybe I would become a picture
posting fool....thank you all very much in advance for taking the time to read this ....
duke

Top Bottom