What's new

Let's see those SE razors

Yeah it looks exactly like the one that is posted in Gearchow's collection. It is in the first picture next to the sea green case he has. I kind of thought about it and then I realized that most of the stuff in the store was pretty over priced. Example; they had an Old Spice shaving mug that was in "OK" shape but had some of the cracking on whatever they used to seal the ceramic and they wanted 22 for it. I have seen better shape ones go for like 15 shipped here on our very own BST section so I figured cest la vie.

What can I say, I just want some super, cool, awesome, vintage, sweet razors like all you guys have so I can join in the picture posting :) . Thanks for the help. Thanks to to Gearchow since I messaged him and he got back to me quick enough before I bought it ;) .

Only one i have is the one i recently picked up for 50c.

proxy.php

The containers are bakelite, but the two brushes are made out of ebony. I'm still trying to par down my normal dop kit to fit into my new travel kit.

Used my Henkles only twice, put it on display ever since.... The ultimate fear factor razor??:ohmy:

Attachments

• $DSCN0210.jpg
    $DSCN0210.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 219
Okay, how about m 1901 Gem New model with a custom handle from Bob's Razor Works. The handle on the right is the original wooden handle. The set came with the more familiar metal handle too, not shown.

Then we have just a few of the razors I used in GEMini.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark_MW has a different model Henckles Rapide. Mine has a solid metal blade brace and is open combed, probably around the late 1920's. I believe Mark's is older. I used mine just yesterday. I really like it's bad boy looks, but it's a great shaver. I use modern single edges blades. It can use wedge blades as you can see from the pictures.

My oldest razor to date is this Kampfe Brothers patented in November 1899. It only used wedge blades which I have yet to master. But it is a beauty.

P

Pjotr

I was wondering when you were going to chime in here. That's probably the nicest lather catcher I've seen. Would love to find a 1901 GEM New with the wee little wooden handle.

Okay, how about m 1901 Gem New model with a custom handle from Bob's Razor Works. The handle on the right is the original wooden handle. The set came with the more familiar metal handle too, not shown.

if i didnt know i was looking at razors in some of these close ups id swear that i was looking at a small printing press. esp this one :w00t:

Attachments

• $17cfbba0-3.jpg
    $17cfbba0-3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I hate threads like this one. Makes me realize how many SE razors there are in great condition. It seems every time I get one on eBay it looks like the razor spent the last few years in a dump. :cursing:

Then we have just a few of the razors I used in GEMini.

These handles are simply stunning, the shape is classic.

Thanks I think lol.

Funny you say that, when i took the snap of it and downloaded the pictures I thought the EXACT same thing, an old printing press.

in that pic if you couldnt see the handle id bet if you printed it and asked people what it was they'd say it was a printing press to

in that pic if you couldnt see the handle id bet if you printed it and asked people what it was they'd say it was a printing press to

Especially the rollers and the prongs? as if that would hold the paper and the rollers would be covered in ink, I just asked my GF and she said "a printing press from a long time ago"

Let's keep this going gents! Two different styles of Ever-Ready Streamline razor and stropping sets. Unfortunately one of my sets is missing the strop, so I used the one I have for both pics.

Attachments

• $Library - 5451.jpg
    $Library - 5451.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 246
  • $Library - 5452.jpg
    $Library - 5452.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 246
  • $Library - 5453.jpg
    $Library - 5453.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 247
  • $Library - 5454.jpg
    $Library - 5454.jpg