What's new

SOTD May 16th, 2011 through May 22nd, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosuke // Fitjar // Simpson's AS3 // DrH Sandalwood

First shave with a traditional Japanese straight that was loaned to me from our friendly straight section steward Superbleu. Was an interesting experience but now has me itching to get my own someday.

Nice shot, Joe!:thumbup1: How are you enjoying the Fitjar?

Razor - 1947 Gillette Super Speed
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock green
Brush - Van der Hagen badger
Soap - Muhle Aloe Vera
AS - Thayer's Witch Hazel
EdT - Baldessarini

BBS!

EJ Aloe // Sub Cero // Vielong EL 2010 // Thayers // Balm EJ Aloe

proxy.php

Tuesday, 05-17-11. MUSIC: Depèche Mode_LP_Music for the masses.

proxy.php

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Lord Platinum Class #2 - Pre Edwin Jagger - Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Chinata - ASL English Leather.

proxy.php

Monday night shave I try cold water shave and it was differant. I am going to try it again with a fresh blade.

So here we go. wet face, shave secret, noxema , my Sears Boar Brush , CO Bigelow + Colgate. This combination was Very COLD to my face. A
1960's TTO Fatboy set on #3 with a 3 shave Red Personna.

I only got some weepers in the fold on my neck line. I tryed too hard to get that area BBS.

Hit my face with a cold water rinse, WH, 3 touch ups with the Spectic stick, let face dry and hit it with my Metholated Skin Bracer/ Barbarsol Brisk mixture.

I actually might be sensitive to it. It lathers great, but it gets one more shot tonight and if I have more face stinging I'll have to part with it. Maybe too much FO's or something?

I had the same experience when I initially used Fitjar (Fjellheim).
I really love the scent, and was very dissapointed when I got that stinging feeling from it. In a last attempt I used some Proraso Pre-shave Cream to see if that would put a "barrier" up, and to my joy it did.
I kept the soap, and whenever I use it, it is with some kind of pre-shave preparation and I don't get stung, but I keep the wonderful scent :biggrin1:

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gillette New Standard w/ Astra SP
My Beloved ARKO in a Scuttle
Omega 20102
Malazia Uomo Vetyver AS​

proxy.php

- O Melhor Pre-Shave Soap
- Alt Innsbruck Pre- & After Shave
- La Toja Jabón de Afeitar
- Shavemac D01
- Pils Rasierhobel 101NE with SuperMax Stainless (2)
- La Toja After Shave Locion

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom