What's new

Combe (Aqua Velva) company for sale

Wow, this post was ridiculous

I couldn't get enough of this line

I could see the madness had him, that the AD's had taken his soul and left this smooth-cheeked shell, a sinewy shaving machine that walked the earth in search of product to bring back to his gruesome and bulging shave den.

Saginaw, MI still seems to be carrying glass bottles. I was in a Wal-Mart, Meijer, Kroger, and a Rite Aid and all are still carrying glass, though the stock seemed awfully conservative. My girlfriend was in a Walgreens and looked for my sake, and said they had glass bottles "of that blue stuff you like". She knows of, though does not really understand, the fear we all share of the Shavepocalypse.

Saginaw, MI still seems to be carrying glass bottles. I was in a Wal-Mart, Meijer, Kroger, and a Rite Aid and all are still carrying glass, though the stock seemed awfully conservative. My girlfriend was in a Walgreens and looked for my sake, and said they had glass bottles "of that blue stuff you like". She knows of, though does not really understand, the fear we all share of the Shavepocalypse.

We still have the glass bottles here in Bay City, MI as well. However, it is hard to tell how big of a mover Aqua Velva is, and huge companies like Wal-Mart/ Meijer may have a huge amount of the glass bottle Velva warehoused. As such it could be a few months before we see the plastic bottle Aqua Velva hit the shelves.

The Burma Shave boar brush, is supposedly discontinued by Personna, but my local Meijer always seems to have a huge amount of them in stock; even when there are only a couple on the shelves, if I return a few weeks later, there will be new stock out.

I actuually thought that it was just hype...went to the store where they always have AV and AV Musk in glass fully stocked at all times. No Musk and only 3 small glass bottles of the AV Ice...let the hoarding begin!!!!

Okay, Crocto wanted evidence, so here it is. All I had was my phone camera so it's a little blurry, but you can still clearly see the "New Shatterproof Bottle" as part of the label.

proxy.php

The strange thing was, the last time I went there all they had was the plastic, but now there are also glass ones back on the shelf :confused1

Okay, Crocto wanted evidence, so here it is. All I had was my phone camera so it's a little blurry, but you can still clearly see the "New Shatterproof Bottle" as part of the label.

proxy.php

The strange thing was, the last time I went there all they had was the plastic, but now there are also glass ones back on the shelf :confused1

Be gone from my sight! :mad3:

I don't think it is uncommon when a product is undergoing a switchover like this to see old stock, and new stock together on the same shelf. It's possible someone found a box of the glass bottles in the storeroom, and decided to put them out.

proxy.php

NOW I understand the frigid temperatures. Sad day gents, very sad indeed.
:cryin:

The shatter proof bottle reminds me of cheap booze, but at least you can still get cheap booze in a glass bottle! :tongue_sm

After hours, I went to follow up a tip in my quest for Aqua Velva in the glass bottle. The dame I'm shacked up with suggested I try the local grocery store. Oh, and she had a little list of things she wanted me to get while I was there.

Sometimes you have to do something else to keep the ladies happy, so I agreed.

I spent some time browsing the produce section, waiting for the right time to move in on the goods. I nonchalantly went over to the deli to buy some ham. Shaved ham.

While the kid at the deli got my order ready, I wondered to myself if he wouldn't get a better slice using a no date code 40's Super Speed rather than that fancy sliding machine. I decided that it was time to be bold, so I got the attention of this knockout little number who was eying me from behind the pizza rolls and corn dogs.

"Say, sis, you know where a guy can get the good stuff around here?"

She looked a little breathless when she said, "Well, I like the pastrami."

"No time for that now," I said, my eyes narrowing, "I'm after aftershave."

"Oh, for that you'll have to ask the fat manager, men's shaving supplies, aisle fourteen."

I paid for my ham, winked at the girl, and went in search of the fat manager. I swear I heard the deli doll say "It takes all kinds" but she must have meant "He's my kind", or something like it.

I found the fat manager at the shaving section, watching a couple of flunkies stock shelves.

"Can I help you, sir?" he asked, and I could almost feel his gaze in my wallet, counting the contents.

"I've been told you might have the Ice Blue, in the glass."

"Ahh, a man who is direct, that is something I admire," he said, and looking down at my well worn shoes he added, "But such things do not come cheaply. I will repay your directness. Here they are, and you may read the price for yourself, sir."

I read the price that was posted below those three and a half ouncers.

"That's almost the going rate for the big stuff," I told him, "I think you left your eye patch and parrot at home tonight."

"Ha! direct, and a jester, too!" He gave me a smile of the man with the upper hand. "Sir, this is a pleasant conversation, but my price is fixed. I suggest that you take your business elsewhere, if you know where to get the big bottle of the real Ice Blue at such a bargain rate."

I shifted my gaze from the fat manager to the gleaming glass bottles on the shelf. "You know as well as I do that they are out of stock."

"Indeed, and my price reflects the state of the market. Life, sir, may be cheap," he said, and he motioned toward his two flunkies, "But the genuine Ice Blue is not. You may take it or leave it, as you wish."

I rubbed my chin and tried not to let my eagerness show. "I leave it, for now," and I acknowledged the slight bow he gave.

"Well then, perhaps this house brand will be more in your budget?" he said, waving his hand at some "Kroeger Refreshing Blue" in a cheap plastic bottle.

"No thanks, I'll save my pennies for bathtub Lilac Vegetal before I buy that stuff," I shot back.

"My apologies, sir, we keep it for the cartridge riff-raff. I should have known a man after the true Blue would accept no less." He gave a shrug.

"Perhaps you will be back," he said, swatting at a fly, "And perhaps I will still have these glass bottles, perhaps not. But, before I bid you farewell, sir, may I ask you a question?"

"Certainly, maybe we could do each other a favor." I thought he might be willing to bargain.

"You haven't seen a statue of a black bird, that contains the original formula for Old Spice?" His eyes were alight with greed as he spoke.

"No, but I'll ask on the shaving forum. I'm sure such things are a dime a dozen on the market there." I started to leave.

"One more thing, sir," he called after me, "Perhaps you might be interested in these styptic pencils. I have heard that they are, shall we say, in danger of being discontinued."

I kept walking. The fat manager had his price, I had mine. Everyone has a price, I thought as I drove home in the dark of night, and I kept thinking about those little glass bottles I had turned my back on.

It would be a long, sleepless night. Lonely, too, since I had left without several items on the list my squeeze had given me.

Perhaps tomorrow, I thought as I gripped the wheel tighter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom